hcv antibodies-weak reactive
please note that i have gone through hcv antibodies and the result was cut off one month back then i have checked the pcr and the result was negative, but when i repeat the hcv antibodies after a month from the first test again i got weak positive, my question is this weak positive will remain always when i take this test or may be it may be changed in future. or please let me know what i have to do now
Your 'weak pos' probably means a signal of <3 on the screening test.  ask for the confirmatory Riba test.  Riba is 'Recombinant ImmunoBlot Assay.'  It is VERY specific for hep c antibody.

the neg pcr means you are virus free.  A neg Riba means you are antibody free.  A pos Riba means you were infected with Hcv and cleared the virus, either on your own or through treatment.

If you are Riba pos, you will probably have the antibody for the rest of your life.  this is NOT terrible but you cannot donate blood and obtaining life ins or health ins could be a problem.

Most 'weak pos' results on the screening test are neg on the riba test.  
thank you so much for your reply , the pcr test result was as follow:

HCV-RNA BY PCR IN SERUM....................NEGATIVE

HCV-RNA BY PCR QUANTITATIVE............NEGATIVE

should i go for another third test ( RIBA) or the above results  are enough,and how long does it takes to get the result of RIBA?

thanks a lot again
Riba normally takes 3 or 4 business days.  Draw blood on mon, get result on thurs or fri.

personally, i would want to know if I had an exposure to Hcv and cleared it or if the screening test was a false pos.

Neg Riba means the screening test was false.  Pos riba means previous exposure and clearence.

Riba checks for antibody only, not the virus itself.

what was your signal on the screening test?
the lab didn't give me the signal, first time they have just write down cut off and the second time after a month the other lab give me weak reactive, I'll check with the lab about Riba.
thanks
If your signal was <2, your riba will almost certainly be neg.  the chance of a neg riba decreases as the signal increases above 2.

If you need to call about the riba test, call request a test, 1888-732-2348.