Hepatitis C Community
Blood Is thick and dark

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Blood Is thick and dark

Just had my 2 month post tx done this am and blood was really thick and really dark. Even the lab tech. commented about it. Any ideas what is up?

Thanks : )
Could be your blood platelets are high. I'm no doc. but have read about that. It's called thombocythenia, where the blood platlets are high causing thickening of the blood, even clotting in the viens in extreme cases. You may want to ask your doc. about it.

Dyce
Could be high hemoglobin. BTW is there a prize for the right guess? Let us know when you get the results back :)

-- Jim
maybe somewhere in your family tree you have ROYALTY there fore the blue blood. if so let me know as i have never met a king or duke.
sire i take my leave.
keep smilin
bobby
Hey the Queen of England used to drop in on us once in a while....

ifx, based on the kool-aid like stuff what comes out of me, I think you can rule out low platelets, low WBC, and low hemoglobin...

Good luck, let us know.

you say....thick and really dark.

Just an uneducated guess here, But by george they just might have struck oil there. Jed just move out of there, beverly hills the place you need to be.

Serious though hope everythings ok, just couldn't hep myself
me thinks you have too many dreams about Ellie May.  

But knowing you it just might actually be granny or Miss Jane.

;-)

Couldn't help myself either.

PS Sorry no advice about the blood - i do my best not to look every time they draw mine. Doesn't bother me one bit unless I look.
you say....thick and really dark.

....and stumpy....
Can you tell how long it's truly been?  Think I used up my thick dark stumpy mojo a while back...used it all up in my 20s perhaps.. ;-)  Hoping to go find some more after this tx poison is done.

NYGIRL <<<<<<<   One track mind.   :)
I remember when I was very little and first heard the real names for this "procedure" I thought you had to either "blow" or "hum".

It's funny being a kid and trying to figure these things out without asking mom (not that she would have known - not in my imagination anyways) ;-)
ny says.... "blow" or "hum".
_______________________________________________________________

Goof, just no way no how to get these gals mind out of the gutter. One more try, Gals could you PLEEEEEESE clean it up just a tad? GEEZZ my more virgin ears.
Ditto. I got a papercut yesterday at work and you would have thought I'd be knifed straight through.

Of course I keep bandaids in my desk cause I'm paranoid about all blood now (mine or others) and went to get one and someone had taken them ALL.

I felt like standing on my desk and screaming "I HAVE A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE DO NOT TOUCH MY STUFF" but of course....didn't do THAT.

Subject: ROE VS WADE

Ray Nagin, the mayor of New Orleans, was asked his views on Roe vs. Wade.

He said he didn't care how people got back to their houses.
I had a little Scratch up in Alaska, Did it on the fireplace screen....... Girl find something a little softer next time you have an itch. You blonde too?
Did it on the fireplace screen.......

Was it hot at the time? 'Cause I'm thinkin' me and can-do might could play a game of chess on yer' butt?

Hey - what happened to my Bishop, he was right there in the middle of the board.......

Oh there he is up there - head stuck half-way into the ceiling!

Dang Tater, no mas frijoles on Chess Night, Sista!
Game of chess? Hmmmmmmmm Could bring a hole knew meaning to the term "CHECKMATE"
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...
One Smart Fellow... He Felt Smart...

OK, and your point is?
Say it... not TYPE It... oh i didn't know tat.

But really, do you think i could say that 10 times and get it right? I have a hard enough time saying sumin one time weather its this or whether its that.
Maybe you'd do better after a few bears? Mmmmm a nice can of bear........
i'd "weather" not mess with them drunk bears. But thanks for thinking of me.
tot said....I don't have any... (been awhile since i got any.)
I am running on NITRO.... (least you can run, hardly walk here.)
Mine is Thin & Watery... looks more pink than red...
You can almost watch it seperate... (I never really look i just flush and be done with it.)
THAT was PRICELESS.  Thanks CanCanMan I have to go send that out to my friends in NOLA. They've had it pretty rough and could use that laugh.