Getting ready for 2nd BMS-790052 trial
I went thru boceprivir study in 09 and was the only one of 10 in my study to recieve placebo. The remainder have remained srv. I am now testing and getting ready for bms-790052 study. This is the 2nd phase of their study. I recently found that boceprivir has been approved for release early 2011. Is anyone involved or familier with the upcoming 790052 study should I wait for boceprivir.
So I am assuming you are a "prior non-responder" for trial purposes? That trial has 5 arms, one of which is placebo. So, there is a chance you could get nothing but SoC again. Contact a study center and have them send you the consent form. That will list the percentage chance you have of getting placebo.

Then you can decide if you want to roll the dice again or wait for the known quantity.

Best of luck!

Robert
Thanks for the info.I too will be starting trial study in Oct.(790052) Was garanteed no placebo since I'm prior non responder. I've did initial blood work and presently waiting on results. If all goes well I'll go for 2nd liver biopsy. 1st was in early 08 and I too was stage1 grd3 geno1a. I've allready signed consent form and was told I would recieve 20 mg or 60mg.  What trail study will you be starting? I'm a little concerned about up coming liver biop for I've had dull aching pain in upper right quadrant for past 6 months.Ultra sound revealed nothing. I do drink a couple of beers a little to often. Which study will you be starting. I've read many good things about 790052. Would you take a chance If you knew you would get 20 or 60 mgs. This site is truly a Godsend. Good luck and thank you.
Have you had a biopsy and do you know what stage your liver disease is at? Are you geno 1?
How long did you treat for?

I don't know where you got the information about boceprevir, I don't think it is accurate. To my knowledge neither Vertex or Merck have submitted the applications to the fda yet. I certainly could be wrong and it would be great if you were correct.
Yes I too don't think they have either so that means at best some time in 2011 if then but not early 2011, with most likely telapravir coming before boce.
"Would you take a chance If you knew you would get 20 or 60 mgs."

Absolutely. Both dosages have equally impressive results - actually, if I remember right, the lower dose had a slightly better result in earlier trials.

I'd consider stopping the "too frequent" beers immediately. For one, drinking is absolutely the worst thing you can do for your liver with Hep C. Second, you will decrease any chance you have of the drugs working if you do get in a trial.

Third, if you're like most people, you probably won't feel much like putting on an alcohol buzz while on treatment :-)

Good luck my friend.
I had a biopsy in early 08 and  was stage 1 grd 3 geno1. I treated from nov 08 till april 09.  I was in a blind study for boceprivir and was the only one to get placebo, I later found. Was garanteed boceprivir treatment since I recieved placebo which I started in Jan. of this yr but had to drop out over devastating bad luck. So I'm starting bsm-790052 trial study in October(no placebo) assuming liver biopsy ok. And yes, my Dr told me that boceprivir was well ahead of schedule and was due for release around May of 2011. BTW all 8 of 10 in my boce study remain viral free to this day.1 dropped out for some reason and I got the shaft (placebo) Good Luck.........
You're right, both"BSM 790052" dosage studies are very impressive. And you are also correct that the lower dosage 20mg, does have slightly better results.I have been thru boce study and you are on target again with the drinking. Thanks for the advive my good bewell man...And may Good Luck Be With You........
I had tried to get into that same study when it first was listed with my study nurse a few months back.  She told me that since I'd been exposed to a protease inhibitor that they won't take me.  So, in hindsight, maybe since you didn't get the real deal in your previous study, at least now, you will qualify for this BMS trial.  Good luck to you!

Susan400