Hepatitis C Community
Good news In case you have not heard Bristol Myers is

A community of people with Hepatitis C to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: diagnosis, current treatments, side effects, research studies, and clinical trials. To communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit Hepatitis Social.

Good news In case you have not heard Bristol Myers is filing in japan for first oral treatment for genotype one .
We are not in Japan but still good news as I think  Gilead and Abbvie will push harder to release there products faster , big companies and money talks .
Also this is good I think because if it was only Gilead in this race , the price of the there treatment would be extremely expensive as Gilead are well known to be very expensive .
Abbvie , Bristol Myers and Gilead will price more fairly I believe now as there is huge market .
2014 should be a good year to many of us .

In the multibillion-dollar race to bring oral hepatitis C treatments to market, Bristol-Myers Squibb  is leapfrogging Gilead Sciences  and Johnson & Johnson by filing for approval for daclatasvir with Japan's Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Agency.

The daclatasvir and asunaprevir combo therapy is the first all-oral treatment to be filed for approval,  eliminating side-effect-riddled interferon and ribavirin. Bristol's strategic move to go for a Japan launch rather than battle Gilead's sofosbuvir and J&J's simeprevir in the United States is a dramatic shift for the industry and may mark a shift in global drug development toward Japan -- a country in the midst of redefining itself as R&D friendly.
Thanks for the info

I read the story but didn't see any dates mentioned.  Lets hope its soon.
No dates but if we go by sofosbuvir and simeprevir which have already been fda approval in japan , then the Bristol myers all oral combo therapy good chance will be approved by about May 2014
I think you make a good point.  If it wasn't for the profit motive the companies wouldn't be competing so ferociously.  If price is fixed or socialized down investors will invest elsewhere other than drug companies that create new drugs.  Capitalism and competition save lives.
Profit motive for these companies is huge we are lucky they have competition prices will much more competitive and fair which will mean  easier access with insurance companies , pbs , developing countries and so forth , if it was a one horse race prices prices would be ridiculous especially with gilead .
My opinion is that Abbvie and Gilead will be filing for fda sooner than many expect as this year just as sofosbuvir was filed earlier than many predicted , there is to much money at stake and money is there only motive .
Dee1956 108 days for....guess who?! Comment
Dee1956 commented on Jade59's status
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Sep 28
Track your weight over time