Gout or results of tx?
Finished treatment for type 1a this Jan and as soon as I finished the worst case of gout set in and I thought I would die.  The doctor said take colchicine and if it works you have gout and my uric acid was up very little.  The pain got better but still having swelling in both ankels and feet and has not gone away.  The doctor said maybe with my low blood counts and then treatment ending and them going right back to normal, that may have something to do with it. It is taking way too long for improvement and not sure what I should do....new doctor? or what?  First month blood test came back clear I go back mid April for another test. Getting energy back still have good and bad days but hanging in there. Anyone else having any problems like this?
gout is an autoimmune disorder and many of these are aggravated or triggered by hep c or the treatment itself.  some signs might have been so mild before tx, you might have not even know they were there.
would they have happened anyway without tx? who knows? but since not everyone gets these disorders with hep c or tx, it must definetely be a genetic disposition to it.  two months post tx is not considered "way too long" for things to resolve after tx, ;hang in there, you got your poitive outcome from this, a negative PCR.
best to you
oh gout, gout, gout!  that's suppose to be an old rich white guy disease!  B/it isn't and its painful and if you have it, its here to stay.

I had it before and I have it now.  I had it when I was a young skinny girl w/hep c and now I have it as a not so young, not so skinny woman w/o hep c!

Genetics play a strong role. the best defense is preventative and the triggers for gout are the 'purines' in food.

My gout now also swells the heels and bottoms of my feet.  b/I know a hep c vet that has gout so bad it swells his whole lower leg to the knee.

Purines are found in great numbers in red meats, turkey, seafood, salt water fish, some veggies.  Caffine, alcohol and chocolates and acid fruits are bad.  Rich fatty food-gravies to cakes-are bad.  I find 'red' berries can trigger it, cherries are good for it.  Excessive amts of vit c are bad.

Gout's no joke.  An attack can cause pain and swelling for wks.  and that includes a killer headache.

If you have gout, respect it and treat it as the dissabilitating condition that it is.  b/c if you have it, there is no gout cure--just medications to shorten the duration.