Hepatitis C Community
HCV Network Bulletin Board

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

HCV Network Bulletin Board

HCV Network--> www.gmwebs.net/schepc/ needs everyone from the HCV community to come join and post messages on our new bulletin board----> http://i1455250.proboards18.com/ . Make it your new home for support and information. We will be looking for board moderaters in the very near future also. So we look forward to seeing you there and watching you grow with our new board.

Thanks;
Founder of HCV Network
Glenn Michael
I'm sorry but I guess you must have skipped over the <a href="http://www.medhelp.org/TermsOfUse.htm">TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE</a> page here at MedHelp which states under the sub-section titled "Med Help Communities and Forums ("Public Areas")":

"<i>In consideration of being allowed to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions: ..... 4. Posting advertisements or solicitations of business</i>".

TnHepGuy
what a waste of a perfectly good thread....hey, but is hep c related...as many here want.
Hey!....Just got back to my house. I had No, NO scaring whatsoever! Not even a one! A zero!....what a surprise! No fibrosis. F-O. However I have Necroinflammant: Severe Activity  meaning I have some serious inflamation (inflammation) occuring. The wiediest thing is my viral load went from 8.5 million to 37.5 million! Now my hep doctor said that this could be beacuase of the difference of the testing. But he said the test that he did is absolutley the one to count on. Hemo 15 and everything else good. So that was the results. He said although there is no Fibro, no scarring but he suggust to go TX right away. Although the liver is at a point where it is 100% repairable, the inflamation (inflammation) shows that the virus is "aggresive (aggressive)" so we should not wait. I agreed. So as so as I get the meds, Pegasys and Riba. It is time to kick the Dragons butt! I had toyed with the idea of waiting to start TX, if my liver showed little damage, but decided to start right away.  So soon I will be goffier them I am now!!!hard to believe but True!!..FYI..geno 2b..

Let the Tx games begin!!

Lucky Goofy Lou

Thanks Rev. Wow was i surprised!But the inflamation (inflammation) had my Hep doc concered. he also said he would not start me on procrit until less then 10. (15.1 now)I didn't like that but he seemed to think that due to my other results and blood work he really did not think i would have a problem. But I also think he voted for Nixon, so I can't trust him!! We shall see. Has anyone ever heard of a VL going from 8.5mill to 37 Mill in one month? Sounded odd to me.

LOU
haha Get outta here! You still going to tell me your not "Lucky" LOL  I know,,,I know,,,there is no such thing as luck but I would love to be in your shoes!  Hey,,,Seriously,,,I'm so happy for you as this is really great news and such a relief to hear its all good! The viral load,,,I'm sure if we all got viral load done before starting tx a few times,,,Would have noticed it flucuating quite a bit so mine started at 8 mil and no telling what it was off and on before starting tx.  Yipppppeeee!! I can't wait for you to get started and join the fun!!
AS wardwrobe director for the "MOONETTES" I am have having a very slinky gown made special just for you to match the beloved "MOONETTES" special evening gowns!
Califia,,,LOL  Rise & Shine!! Hey hope your feeling better!

Rev,,,Lou is a 2 so doesn't need to extend to 72,,,Also,,I think Philaguy that is also a 2 reported his viral load was there about 37 mil,,,,not sure exact but maybe he will see and report.  If I remember right,,Phil also had minimum damage.
Hey,,,I know the studies are saying extend for 1's but going 72 weeks from 52,,,,Thats 5 more months.  Honestly,,,I just don't know if I have it in me even if the good dr prescribed extra meds...I'm just getting so tired and only on week 36....
Start spreading the news...the dragon's gonna lose..... Ok, that's enough of that song! Really, great news on your biopsy, can't get much better. And, welcome to the wonderful world of TX.
Man, don't you vampires ever sleep?   Here I am groping for the computer keys at 6:30 am to find there's a raging party already going on.   Well, vicodin on the house!  This is cause for celebration, yesssir, no doubt about it.   NO fibrosis,  immune system rigged out like a Mac truck, let the VL soar, it doesn't have much longer on this astral plane.  You're going into this strong, Mr. Lucky.  Put that wig hat on yo haid and let's STRUT that stuff.
Listen Ladies, I can hang with the best of them!!! toughen up and get those gowns out, It's time for the moonettes to open them purses and let out a howl!!!!!! I'll be startin TX by Oct 11. So check the moon forcast and let's make it a date!!!

Lucky Lou, the gown wearing txing pyschotramp!!!!!!!Ohh Yeah!!
hey my favourite flavor   you just tell that doc whatever but listen darlin' you gotta do what you gotta do  and if the odds are on for 5 more; its you decision
Daryl
you are absolutely correct, I feel the same about the extension, it is easier to continue on as far as you can, than stopping and having to start again for longer. I get chills just thinking about redoing this!
Once you have gone so far, it pretty much is just waiting for the finish line. At 64 wks< i have had no new or different sides to deal with and it is probably due to the Procrit assist that I have no debilitating symptoms. I also have not seen a cold or flu for the duration(nice plus).  I just hope this med doesn't have LT effects to add to the other two.
  I have enough vials for 80wks, I think....naw!! you win!
Chev, here's the formula, straight from my good friend Peg the R.N. (who is also on month 9 of treatment.)   If you want to convert the viral load IU/ML figure to EQ/ML (or number of viral particles per milliliter) you simply multiply it by 2.5.    (This is assuming that little scale on the HCV Load report:  800,000 IU/mL=2million PCR copies/mL.)

As for prolonging treatment (speaking as a 1b), I wish we could hit it harder from the getgo on the first round of tx.  None of us should be subjecting  our bodies to this longer than is necessary, and my feeling is, heck, if I'm already functioning at halfmast, why not really hit the floor in order to ensure success?    Just got my 12-week PCR and I'm still showing positive RNA (by TMA Qual) , but the IU/ML count  (by bDNA) is showing < 600.   So the little buggers are decimated but still there.  Immediately I started lobbying for peg on a 5-day rather than 7-day interval, but of course that's not done.    I mean, I could tell from the first week that the effects had worn off by the morning of Day 5....and that's precisely when we should be hitting it again.   Undetected or bust!

Very interesting....you did that from the get?   No problem with platelets dropping too low?  I'm doing Pegasys.   Very curious about this, cause I'm ready to improvize.
You are so very kind, chere, to inquire.   Feel like I have finally washed up on shore after a week of  thrashing and swallowing salt water--in a word, wasted!    But just upped the thyroid hormone and will take my first shot of Procrit today.   That should help a lot.   Bad bout of whatever, but the up side is I devoured a wonderful Tom Robbins novel called Jitterbug Perfume, dedicated to the goatish god Pan.  ( What else do you read when participating in a pandemic?)    Hope you wander in the woods this weekend with your favorite satyr.
Ah...very interesting indeed.  Thanks for this little mind fodder.   Your disclaimer is duly noted, but heck, I tend to err on the side of friskiness, myself.      Think I'll email Bob Gish at this point with my early stats and see if he has anything to say on the matter.  I'll certainly pass along anything of interest.