Hepatitis C Community
HCV from blood tainted glove

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

HCV from blood tainted glove

Good morning.
Ive been worried recently because during a blood test the nurse may have reused the gloves, I saw some red spots on them but I didn't worry at the moment because a few years ago I was explained in the same lab that they use a red pencil to write something every time a new patient arrives, so the red spots are caused by the pencil and not blood, but still you never can be sure, anyway I've been told that there's no risk for Hiv from a situation like that but HCV is much more infectious, so was I at risk of being infected? I don't think she touched the needle before insertion but she may have touched the wound when she used a cotton with alcohol to clean it, should I get tested or can I move on? Thank you for your time (I know this forum is about people with HCV but if theres someone who knows if my situation was risky please answer)
It is time to move on, you don't need to worry about this.
Ok thank you so much I'll move on.
From the little I know HCV is harder to get than HIV.  It is a different virus.  HCV as stated above is blood to blood transmission

Good luck