HEP C Testing Resuluts.. WORRIED!!!
Okay...
I have been searching the internet and going nutz!

I had a HEP C Test done and it came back Ratio/Reflex Reactive 1.25.
My regular Dr. sent me to a specialist and he ran a HCV RNA test which came up negative on 2/7/14.
Last Friday he run the HVC RNA test again and will be a bit before test results are in.

I am so nervous that I have HEP C.
I have been sick with a cold off and on since December.
I have had a cough.
My stool has been a lighter brown than normal.
I am male, 49 years old.

So much info about different test and being positive or negative.
I never even know anything about HEP C, until my doc ran the test. He ran because I have been sick for so long.
I had every test ran you can think of including HIV which was negative.
They took 14 tubes of blood. And an additional 4 now.

Am I over reacting? I have tried to remain calm, but I can hardly focus on work.

Thanks for any and all help!!!!

First you need to calm down, none of those things you mention has anything to do with Hep C. You have had one PCR RNA come back negative so there is no reason to think this one will be any different.
"I had a HEP C Test done and it came back Ratio/Reflex Reactive 1.25.
My regular Dr. sent me to a specialist and he ran a HCV RNA test which came up negative on 2/7/14"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it possible for someone to become infected with HCV and then spontaneously clear the infection?"

Yes. Approximately 15%–25% of persons clear the virus from their bodies without treatment and do not develop chronic infection; the reasons for this are not well known.

How soon after exposure to HCV can anti-HCV be detected?

HCV infection can be detected by anti-HCV screening tests (enzyme immunoassay) 4–10 weeks after infection. Anti-HCV can be detected in >97% of persons by 6 months after exposure.
How soon after exposure to HCV can HCV RNA be detected by PCR?

HCV RNA appears in blood and can be detected as early as 2–3 weeks after infection.

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/HCV/HCVfaq.htm#c5

As mentioned you already have a negative HCV RNA test
I think your doctor is being very responsible by probably checking for much more than the HCV virus.  Your first test came back negative. Rechecking it is to confirm the validity of the first test's results.

Let's assume for argument's sake that the test comes back positive for HCV.
While I don't think anyone would be happy about that result, this is the best time ever to hear such news because there are new meds available (or soon to be available) that have minimal side effects and have excellent cure rates in a relatively short period of time..

I hope your results do come back negative but if they don't, stay calm.

Keep us posted. You will find lots of knowledgeable people here to help.

Nan
Thank you all for your response. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support online here. Really means a lot.
Hello All...
Well I got my second results back and it is negative. I am relieved on one hand and still worried on another.  Am I contagious for Hep C with an antibody only? Will that go away or always test reactive?

I had the first HVC RNA blood test on 2/7/14 and the second on 2/21/14. Do I have to wait six months and do it again as I have read all over the internet? Are there any other blood test or does confirm I am negative 100%?

I feel kinda stupid as I honestly knew nothing about Hep C until the ratio test came back reactive. With the internet there is so much you can read about, but a lot of different info which cause confusion.

I have never had a surgery or any type of illness. This test and waiting scared the **** out of me! I am 49 years old and will take extra care of my health!!

I was prepared for whatever the test result was but I am so relieved.

This is a great site with lots of great forums and feed back which I am so greatly for. It helped me a lot while waiting for this test.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
You only have the antibodies which are harmless, you have nothing to pass on to others and nothing to worry about... Congrats, you were one of the lucky ones
Great news!  Listen, I think you should have the repeat test again in 6 months
not because I think you need it but because I think it will give you peace of mind.

Congrats! Your hep c free. That's great.

Nan