Hepatitis C Community
Hep C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hep C

Edit  |      |   Print  |  Report Need help ASAP
7 minutes - 0 comments - (Public)

I took a hepatitis B and C tests and they all came back Non Reactive, at the end of the test it says signal to cut off  0.04 < 1.00. I took the test at Quest and my doctor told me I am fine and don't have HepC , but I said if I didn't then why does it say 0.04 ? I am very nervous Plz help, my doctor keeps saying I am negative and have nothing to worry about. But I am freaking out.
Hi..

There is no reason whatsoever to "freak out"as your doctor is correct when he tells you that you are "not" infected with HCV
The antibodies screening test uses an algorithm to determine if one has contracted the virus by reflecting a signal to cut -off(s/co) that I have linked the explanation below.

Less than  a score of 1 reflects a negative testing for HCV.

Congratulations you do not have the virus.

Best to you

Will

Signal-to-cut–off ratios are calculated by dividing the optical density (OD) value of the sample being tested by the OD value of the assay cut-off for that run. Analysis of enzyme immunoassay and chemiluminescence assay data indicates that s/co ratios can be used to predict supplemental test-positive results. A specific s/co ratio can be identified for each test that would predict a true antibody-positive result (as defined by the results of supplemental testing) ≥95% of the time, regardless of the anti-HCV prevalence or characteristics of the population being tested.

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hcv/labtesting.htm
Hello please do not panic, you are negative.
As my boss always said,  "don't go looking for trouble"
Your doctor would know better than anyone here that you do not have it

Good luck
Dee
nan535 My husband just got the new... Comment
22 mins ago
10356 commented on Jade59's status
Feb 12
mkh9 commented on photo
Feb 11
Track your weight over time