Hep C Virus Ab >11.0 High s/co ratio 0.0 -0.9 what does that mean?HELP.
Hep C Virus Ab >11.0 High s/co ratio 0.0 -0.9 what does that mean?

my friend send me this mail but i couldnt read it
can someone help me >?
This is a result from an HCV antibody test. It is strongly reactive (positive), suggesting that at one point in the past, the patient was exposed to the Hep C virus. Further testing for confirmation will be required; it’s important to note that this is not diagnostic for infection, by the way.

Most likely, their doctor will order a ‘HCV RNA by PCR test to see if active infection is present. Until this is resolved, the patient should avoid alcoholic beverages, and not share personal care items such as clippers, toothbrushes, anything that might transmit their blood to another person.

Take care—

Bill
think deeply , have you ever had blood transfusion surgury no matter how small, needle stick , shared personal tool or exposed to any other risk factor , if yes then you must have PCR RNA qualitative or the best sensitive quantitative, let us updated , wish u best of luck
You seem to be pretty knowledgeable of the Hep C Virus.  I'm hoping you or someone could give me some insight on some results I received a few weeks ago.  Everything came back negative or non-reactive.  When I got to the Hepatitis A, B & C sreening, it read:  Hep A - Neg, Hep B - Neg, Hep C - 0.1  
The nurse told me that was negative but I didn't feel that she felt certain of that.  Any help or comments is appreciated.  I'm freaking out.
Having low numbers involving the signal to cut off ratio is normal; I don’t believe it will ever be zero. Each test manufacturer establishes its own limits; here’s a link that describes this far better than I ever will:

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/HCV/LabTesting.htm

In any event, a reactive (positive) antibody result isn’t diagnostic for Hep C; it only suggests exposure to the virus at some point in the past. If your results were reactive/positive (which they emphatically are not), then further testing would be required to confirm presence of active virus.

According to the results you’ve posted, you haven’t been exposed to HCV; and no further actions should be required on your part. That is, outside of not obsessing over this any longer :o).

Congratulations,

Bill

I recently found out I was hep c positive.  Ever since I have received my results my husband has said a few things making me believe he has had it for some time and didnt tell me.  Not only devastated of my exposure to it but knowing I may have gotten it from the man I love and trusted enough to marry is killing me.  I just got back the antibody test and the level was 11.0 HIGH.  what does this mean??  Any answers will be helpful.  Thanks so very much
You do seem very knowledgeable about the topic and the blood tests. I just received my Hep C Virus Ab and it was 5.4. I am scared to death. My Bili and ALP levels were normal but AST was 42 and ALT was 57. Just wanted to get your opinion.