Hepatitis C Antibodies
As soon as I found out that my exhusband had the virus, I immediately went to my doctor to get tested.  Thankfully I ddi not have the virus but I do carry the antibodies.  Can someone explain to me what exactly antibodies are?
If you had a hepatitis a or b vaccine your blood would then show you have antibodies rather than the actual disease. This is from the vaccine with the virus in it. Same with HCV except there is no vaccine. You would have antibodies if you actually got the virus and your body fought it off on its own, which happens in 15% of cases, so this must be. You will always have antibodies. Now if you ever have a viral load that is the actual disease of HCV but you only have antibodies so its not the disease. LL
Layla,  Thank you for your response.   Just to ease my mind I think it's probably time for me to get another test.  Again, thank you for your quick response.
your body creates antibodies  in response to a foreing organism that has entered the blood. It is part of the defense attack. Your body could have fought it off, but having another PCR some months from the last one, should give you peace of mind if it comes back negative. no viral load=no virus replicating