How contagious is Hep C?
I was wondering just how contagious hep c is? I do not know if I am just freaking myself out or not , but I work with someone who has gotten tattoos while in jail, which doesn't seem too safe to me, and in the case that he does have hep c, I was wondering how much at risk I would be of getting it? The other day I saw him pop a pimple and wipe the blood away with his hands, and I didn't know if by touching something that he touched, or shaking his hand, if it would be transferred to my hands, and say I popped a pimple and wiped my own blood away, or touch a pimple that had previously been popped, rubbed my eyes, touched a cut, put my finger in my mouth, or in my girlfriend's vagina, if it could be transferred so easily? Would washing my hands be enough? I unfortunately went to yahoo answers to look some stuff up and found that I could get it from all of that, but I do not trust that as much as I would hearing it from people on here that know more of what they are talking about.

Thank you so much for any help. I am going to start getting routine blood tests, but I still need to put my mind at a bit of ease.

Rick

HCA
Your previous posts suggest Obsessive Compulsive Disorder whereby you comtemplate the symptoms and risks of various diseases which have no relevance to you.
OCD feeds on being indulged and such discussion is not beneficial.
I don't think you should worry to much about that. You don't even know it he have HCV, and it is VERY unlikely that you would catch it in any of those ways, if not impossible. Washing your hands would be more than enough. Just dont poke on a needle that he have been poked at or anything like that, and you would be ok.
Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a type of anxiety disorder in which you have unreasonable thoughts and fears (obsessions) that lead you to engage in repetitive behaviors (compulsions). With obsessive-compulsive disorder, you may realize that your obsessions aren't reasonable, and you may try to ignore them or stop them. But that only increases your distress and anxiety. Ultimately, you feel driven to perform compulsive acts in an effort to ease your distress.

Obsessive-compulsive disorder often centers around themes, such as a fear of getting contaminated by germs. To ease your contamination fears, you may compulsively wash your hands until they're sore and chapped. Despite your efforts, the distressing thoughts of obsessive-compulsive disorder keep coming back. This leads to more ritualistic behavior — and a vicious cycle that's characteristic of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Did you get checked for this problem?
If you really feel this way,i guess you dont touch door knobs,ride transit,use pay phones,shake hands with anyone?
Contracting Hep C in ways other than direct blood to blood contact (drug use/needles/rolled up paper bills) or by transfusion is pretty difficult. U can contract Hep C in the same ways as you can get HIV so sex is a possibility. Aside from your co-workers' disgusting habit of wiping his popped pimple with his hand, and unless you have a gaping wound and u shake his hand and then rub the area of contact in your wound,  you should be fine. Simply washing your hands is a good way of limiting your contact,  but the virus will not go through your unbroken skin either. So yes, washing your hands to prevent further exposure is perfect to prevent your girlfriend from exposure. Is this type of info you were looking for ?  
OCD is the fourth most common mental disorder and is diagnosed nearly as often as asthma and diabetes mellitus.[1] In the United States, one in 50 adults has OCD
HCV is only known to be transfered by blood-to-blood exchange. You would probably be really suprised if you knew how many people you come into contact with every day who has hep-c or some other infectious disease. You cant live in a bubble. Good handwashing and hand sanitizers  are your best defense against "catching something" You are much more likely to become infected with the flu than you are HCV by casual contact.
I am going to start getting routine blood tests, but I still need to put my mind at a bit of ease.

Sorry,but you have a problem,if you are going to get routine blood tests just because some squessed a pimple and you dont even know he had HCV,you are wasting you time and money with the blood tests,relax,you dont have any HVC ,the only 3 ways HVC is passed on is
1.Injecting Dope 85%
2.Dentists            
3. Sex (mainly anal and the menstral cycyle)  
4.Tattos and nail salons,razors,toothbtushes

Transfusions were in second place years ok,but now all bllod is screened so its almost zero.

not sure on the other percentages but i suspect dentists are in second place,i know someone who worked as a dental assitant and she quit because of the dirty practices she seen