Hepatitis C Community
Hypertension and Hepatitis C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hypertension and Hepatitis C

I would like to mention, that just recently, I have started facing a problems with high blood pressure. like 150/90, puls is usually not high, bit preassure rises up to 160/90. After I take beta blockers, situation gets a little bit better. I know I should see cardiologist, but is anyone here have the same problems, and is it very much connected to a liver function?I always used to have a really low blood pressure, so this isa situation,  very new for me.
Thanks in advance for your answers!
Don't know if High BP is related to Hep C or liver stuff, but that is what brought me to the doctors in the first place when I found out I had hep C.  I was having a BP of about 200/110ish pretty consistantly for about 2 or 3 weeks in a row, finally got talked into checking it out...got BP meds and found out I had Hep C from all the blood test we took to make sure nothing else was going on with me...a 2 for 1 diagnosis...such a deal!
You didn"t mention if you are treating or not....if you are  and are experiencing some "hemolytic anemia" caused by the meds ..the BP can often rise due to trying to get oxygen to parts of the body.

Keep an eye on it and  best your doctor is aware also...

Hang in..
Will
Hello, thanks for reply, I know my BP is not so high, but it used to be alwas at the range of120/70, and even less. SO I am used to have a low BP. That is why I am little bit concerned. I was at stage 3 fibrosis, in 2007, and now , they discovered through fibroscan I have 4 fibrosis i.e. begining of chirrosis (cirrhosis). I am still not on a therapy, and I relapsed with SOC, now waiting for a triple therapy, which should have started in October 2011, but in my country, thery are waiting for some regulations for use of that new drug. I think they will put me on Incivek (Telaprevir).