Hepatitis C Community
I could use a little advise please on symptoms.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

A couple days ago I joined and posted in here concerning Hep C antibodies for my Hubbys life insurance test.  I have big issues with pain and posted in the pain community forum.  These issues I've had for some time.  Now I'm questioning if I need tested also for Hep C after doing some reading.  I know last year I was told I had a fatty liver and my GGT levels were elevated to 58 (U/L 5-36) and my HGB was considered high at 4.9 (G/DL 11.7-14.5) along with a few other things that was high or low.  I chalked it up to age, hormones and/or weight gain.  I'll copy and paste what I wrote.

My paste from the Pain Management Community:
My lower back is killing me, mid back is sore.  Every time I eat my stomach feels so sore and tight and bloated it's unreal.  Drinking even just a glass of water can bring it on.  I look 6 months pregnant.  I've been dealing with my BP shooting up again (165/95 range) maybe due to constant pain.  
I also get massive headaches that come and go in waves were they may only last 5-30 seconds.  I have also had issues with shooting pains threw out my entire body like a traveling lightning bolt.  Sigh.  I've told my doctors about the spams threw out my body now for the last 7-8 years.  They have no answers.  Weather changes seem to bring those spasms on but they can flare up at any time.  

I feel like my body is made out of glass and is about ready to shatter apart due to pressure.  I just want to scream some days.  

I live in a small town that don't believe in giving out pain pills anymore.  The only way I can cope is by having a few stiff drinks at night for relief and to be able to sleep some......in which is not helping me health wise.  
I've been trying sweet mint crushed in my ice water and looking into different herbs to grow that might help.  Thinking about trying vervein, kava kava or Ginger.  Nothing is helping anymore.  

Short history....I do have type ll diabetes (only is high when forced to drink sugar drink so I call it pre diabetes), have had been told also that I have IBS in which has been acting up lately.  I know tmi.  I have hypothyroidism, and meds for it.  I also take BP meds, low dose asperin and diaretics for edema, vitamin D and E also.  All directed by my doctor.

Anyone have a clue on what can be causing this pain?  
Also would love any suggestions for pain relief!
Any suggestions on a specific type of doctor/s?
Please Help I'm at my whits end in pain, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  
Thank you in advance.

Tags: Pain, Advise
I am not an expert in these things but if your hubby tested positive to hcv antibodies then you should be tested.  Some of your symptoms could be caused by hep c so best to know for sure if it's in the mix.
I really don't know anything about Fatty liver. My comment is more to bump your post along since it's possible one of the more experienced members might have some insight, ideas or suggestions. The only thing I can say with certainty is that given some of the conditions you mentioned drinking alcohol to help with pain is probably not a wise idea. I don't think you posted too much information since it's possible some of these things could be related.
Thank you both so much and God bless both of you.  I am going to get tested to be on the safe side as long as my doctor will do it....any idea on how long the results take to get back?  Debating on going in before my birthday on the 25 or beforehand due to all of the pain.  UrggI can't take much more.  Sigh.  
I know that drinking 101 proof bourbon at nights is not helping if this is the case but the pains are extreme.   I can't take it sometimes.  My stomach feels like a wave of fluid when I walk.  I always had a washboard stomach and just chalked it up with age and hormonal issues.  
I have a 65# do in a wheel chair that may be causing the back pain.  Not sure though.  My hair has been thinning; but I have chalked that up to thyroid issues.  I guess I'm just frustrated.   Sigh  Sorry for the vent.

I would love any suggestions on "pain relief" any any suggestions.
Well alcohol isn't a pain reliever and you should really talk to your Dr about that as well. But yes get hep c test and if they haven't already sent you to a g.I specialist for your stomach issues and pain you need to get a referral to one even if it isn't hep c there are a handful of other gastric things that your symptoms fall under! If the drs are not doing lots of test or helping trying to find your problem then fire then you don't have to keep a Dr you know. But yes get Geo c test and also please see someone about your drinking to ease pain that is also a problem sweetie I'm sure you know it may help with pain but only for a bit then it causes worse pain please look into stopping drinking for sure. Hope you find a good path to Wellness!
Hi I would go get tested for Hep C, while it is rare for a spouse to pass it to another, it does happen and that is not the only way you could have gotten it.  I would get blood work.
Good luck to you
Dee
I have a appt. on Monday with a new doctor.  I can't take the pain anymore.  It's been way over a year since I've been in.  I've been questioning Fibromyalgia (spell check), kidney and Hepatitis c.  Hopefully I will find a answer.  BP was 193/108 with a 132 pulse today.  Urinalysis showed ketones and blood.  ?????  
Hi everyone.  

Well I went to the Dr on Monday.  She done a ton of blood work along with a Hepatits C  AB test, Rheumatoid factor screen, ANA, and a bunch I haven't seen that I have to look up.  Anyhow, will be having a stress/echocardiogram along with wearing a heart monitor.  

As for my reply to this forum, my Hubby just found out his results and even though he had the Hep. C Antibodies his test presented no Hep. C and he was within normal limits.  :-)  Now hopefully (I'm sure mine will be the same) and he/we can get our life insurance.  

As for all my problems now though I guess I'm off to my profile and to other forums till I get my results.  

Thank you all so very much for your kindness.  (HUGS)
Just to get back to everyone.  I tested negative.  Yippie.  He got his health insurance and I did too.  Sadly I have to pay high risk on mine though because of Type ll Diabetes.  Even though my test was fine (actually low at 68) they went threw my medical records where I had a glucose tolerance test a couple years back when it was 239 after 3 hours.  I don't need meds for it so I have to be on high risk.  NOT FAIR!  If I was on meds for diabetes I would've paid less.......go figure?  lol  Anyhow, sorry I took so long getting back.  I have my gastro test soon.  Fingers crossed I will go threw with it.  :-)
Hello, and I read your posts with great interest...I will offer a piece of advise and that is get your dr to check for hemochromatosis...it is the most common and rarely diagnosed genetic disease and is the root cause of many of the problems you complain of. I know, my husband was just diagnosed and it is astounding that for something so common the drs are missing this. He had issues for 10 years before discovering the hep c and then the hemochromatosis just in the last 3 weeks. Look it up, I can only tell you that you will be amazed. The symptoms you describe are all classic for the HHC. Get back to me if you need some more info. I have become an expert in the last three weeks. Have to, the drs. seem to have no idea.

Best wishes. This is a simple blood test