Hepatitis C Community
I'd really like to talk to . . .

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I'd really like to talk to . . .

I'd like to talk with other people who are at the stage of ascites from Hep C.  I've been reading a lot, but I need some personal experiences.

Thanks - Sonni
I don't have ascites now but I did before my transplant. Maybe I can help you. Ask me something specific and you can send me a private message if you prefer.
OH
Thanks for answering.  Cirrhosis is a new thing for me.  I got really sick - fast.  Didn't work for a month getting the fluid down.  Even now I only work about 20 hrs because I get tired and if I push myself I pay later.  I have 2 drs and I think that one of them was lying to me - softpedeling the issue - saying things like " Way down the road from years, years from now you might want to look into a transplant."  But you don't need that now.  But I have done a lot of research and stage 4 and ascites with cirrhosis seems pretty serious to me.  Nowhere have I read anything remotely close to that.  Take your time, you have lots of time before it's serious.  I don't think I'll be seeing her anymore.

How hard and how long did it take for you to get a transplant?  Is it even possible with no insurance because I sure couldn't pay for it.  Do you think I should get on a transplant list because it could take a long time?

How long has it been since your transplant?  How do you feel now?  I know that in all likelihood the new liver gets infected, too.  Has that happened to you yet?

How long did you have Hep C before it became cirrshosis and then how long to ascities. I've it 35 years.  I've read it takes normally about 10 years for cirrhosis and 10 to ascites but I know everyone is different.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Sonni