Hepatitis C Community
Liver Function and Celiac

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Liver Function and Celiac

My doctor has argued that I have gall bladder problems with high AST and ALT's.  I am doing my own research and with elevated AST and ALT shouldn't celiac disease be considered?
I thought I had celiac disease for 7 years because I reacted to anything with gluten.  It turns out that all my severe GI symptoms were caused by Toporol XL and Cozaar.  No doctor figured it out. I stopped cold turkey and was well at last!  If you are taking lots of drugs, perhaps they are causing your symptoms.  The celiac test is a blood test, get it. I'm still sensitive to wheat but in a mild way compared to the torture I went through for 7 years.
Good Luck!
MLiz I don't want you to think that you are being ignored this question is just a bit over most of our heads as we are patients/loved ones of HepC mostly around here.

I think there is a GI forum they might know more about Celiac and gallbladders and stuff but I know that having gallbladder problems can raise your liver enzymes.....

I hope someone has the answers for you I'm just not really all that smart!

BEST of luck!