Hepatitis C Community
Muscle aches and pains

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Muscle aches and pains

As the result of my condition is it possible that the awful muscle aches and pains are related to Hep C?I have this pain constantly  and body aches  all over.I am somewhat(or used to be )of a very active person and I believe if these aches and pains would go away that I would feel pretty good ,considering.Im also finding it harder for me to get out of bed in the morning.And naps?I never took naps in the afternoon.Now im taking one every day.Are all these symptoms of the little buggers wearing me down ?
I noticed the same things about a year before I found out I had HCV. I thought I was going down the tubes really fast, so I was kind of glad when I found out there was a reason for it. I don't know if it is the little buggers or the liver not being up to par. I'm looking forward to SVR and feeling good again.

Diane
Myalgia (muscle pain) is a pretty common side effect of Hep C, as well as joint pain. I have both (very mild) myself, but my hepatologist thinks it's probably just age creeping up on me :-)

I can't wait to treat to see if it goes away.
fibromyalgia is tough call
Now that I know you are so close to my age... I will also say that the naps come with age, especially if you aren't sleeping well at night. If you are getting 7 to 8 good hours of sleep each night and still need naps to get through the afternoon you may need to talk to your doctor about it, just to be sure nothing else is going on.

Diane