Need Hep C treatment-I have no insurance
I've recently moved to the Leesburg, Fl area.  About 40 miles north of Orlando.  A low income doctor diagnoised me with Lichen planus. It's a symtom of Hep C. I feel my liver under my right rib. Sometimes it itches other times I have a pain their consistantly.  I have no insurance and would like to seek treatment for this. I have 2 friends in Little Rock that have been cured of this. My hope would be to get treatment. I tried to call and make an appointment with the same doctor and was told they didn't handle that sort of stuff. I would greatly appreciate some sugguestions of a course of action (where) to go.
I gather you did not get tested for the actual virus or had a biopsy?  These are neccessary in the decision proccess.
I'm confused.  Have you actually been diagnosed with Hep C?  Have you had a biopsy?  First things first.  If you haven't actually been diagnosed with Hep C, then you need to get that done.  Then you need to have a biopsy to see what condition your liver is in.  It seems to me that the county health department could certainly help you out.  Have you tried calling them?
I AM SORRY YOU ARE NOT WELL BUT WELCOME...I TOO LIVE IN FLORIDA AND YOU WILL FIND THE HELP YOU NEED IF YOU HAVE NOT TESTED FOR HEPC THEN GO TO THE HEALTH CLINIC THAT HAS HEPC CLINIC CALL LOCAL OFFICE AND LOCATE IT ...ITS FREE TO TEST...THEN A SOCIALWORKER WILL HELP YOU GET TREATMENT IF YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE AND INCOME IS NOT ALOT YOU CAN GET A TAX GRANT FOR PRIMARY CARE AND THEN HE WILL REFER YOU TO GI DOC FOR TREATMENT IF YOU NEED IT..THEN THE GI DOCTOR WILL GIVE YOU THE FORMS TO GET SCHERLING TO DONATE YOUR DRUGS AND THEY WILL JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE OVER 2,000.00 IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT THEY GO BACK THREE MONTHS IF YOU GOT SAVINGS MOVE IT NOW THE PROCESS WILL TAKE A MONTH TO GET ALL BLOOD WORK DONE AND BACK FROM CLINIC AND THEN THEY WILL REFER YOU TO APPLY FOR GRANT YOU NEED,YOU WILL NEED LAST YEARS TAX RETURN AND W2 FOR LAST YEAR AND PAY STUBS FOR LAST TWO MONTHS THEN YOU CAN GET APPROVED SAME DAY..IT ALL TAKES A LITTLE TIME JUST BE PATIENT EVEN IF YOU DO HAVE HEPC YOU STILL GOT TIME SO DONT WORRY AND GOOD LUCK
i have been diagnosed with hep c and i go to a low income clinic and they say my virals are only 90 and they are only going to moniter me and see what happens i am in biloxi ms and i can't find any support system i this area.my question is isn't this dangerous for me not to have any kind of treatment till my virus gets worst i am really scared and deffinatly all alone in this what can i do
Welcome to the forum! You posted your question onto an extremely old (2004) thread, so not many people will see it. Try reposting it as a brand-new question. Also try to add as much info as you have - exactly what tests were done and the actual numbers given in the test results. If you can provide that you will get better answers. Best wishes.
I am 51 and have had hep C - found out I had it in 2002. I have no insurance, no job, and to top it all off, because I do not have an income, the ACA(obamacare) is useless to me. I also live in North Carolina - a state that decided NOT to expand Medicaid/Medicare for the poor. Are there any options for people like myself in eastern North Carolina who are facing this type of situation?
Hi Michelle

Welcome to the forum

This is a really old thread from 2004 so most people will not see your question.

The best way to get a response is to post as a new question. There is a link at the top of the page "Post a Question".

Good Luck
Lynn