Pneumonia
Had to travel to the deep south last week and I picked up a nasty sinus infection, which I
Well, alls I can tell you is to get lots of rest and keep drinking fluid. I got pnemonia right before I started tx and it was the first time I have ever had it so I got really sick. It lasted way longer than it should have because of my viral load being so high. It put off my tx for 6 months because the doc wanted to be sure that I was completely over it before starting.
So, just keep doing what you doing and dont miss your doc appt. Take care, Cherry
I don't have any experience with pneumonia on tx. but I believe there was a post a few days ago about respiratory issues.  Glad you are seeing your gp.  Just wanted to send my best wishes!
Thanks ladies,

Fever hovering around 100 for the past two days.  The Riba doses seem to have a lot knock down power with this going on.  Will see the GP and see where I go.

Preciate the input.
I was the one that had a post in over the weekend about respiratory probs.  It's good your going to see your doc tomorrow - don't mess around with your lungs, especially if you think it's pnemonia.   I've been getting bronchial asthma past 10 years (from chronic sinusitis/allergies) and this past week, I have been ready to pass out from all the coughing I've been doing. If I laugh hard at something, I have a one-hour coughing jag (think I even pulled a muscle in my stomach from coughing).  I'm at Week 13, so I'm not sure if the tx is making it worse -- definitely can't be making it better. My wbc has been at about 1.5 & am on Nupogen, so my doc put my back on inhalers today & I'm seeing him & my GI tomorrow.  They won't put me on prednizone on tx, and that's usually the main thing that helps me. I think they're sending me for chest/lung xray, mainly because of the tx.  I've dealt with my lung issue long time, but it's definitely worse while on peg/riba... you don't realize how important your lungs are until you can't breathe...  best of luck to you!
Riba is a big culprit with respiratory problems -- both while on treatment and post. At 11 weeks post, I'm still having them. As suggested, maybe you want to see someone sooner than later in case you need some antibiotics or something. Of course drink lots of water and try and take it easy. Sometimes I found staying in bed for one or two days and forcing myself to sleep as much as possible helped my body recover. All the best.

-- Jim
Just got back from the GP, reluctantly I
I found on my monthly trip home to Fl from NY and back that I have picked up a virus or two on the plane.  The air on the plane is recycled and leaves us all opened to many illnesses.

Hope your feeling better soon.  Let us know what you find out.

Beagle
I found on my monthly trip home to Fl from NY and back that I have picked up a virus ot two on the plane.  The air on the plane is recycled and leaves us all opened to many illnesses.

Beagle
I too am glad you are going to the doc.  When I had my bronchitis episode in March, I was spared the pneumonia.  Still I think it is very possible to develop it on tx.  I know you are against the resuce drugs.  You mentioned your WBC -- now what is your absolute neutrophil count????? Remember, neutrophils are the infection fighting type of white blood cell, and your body is left without that important protection when your ANC is low.

Seems like any real drastic change in climate - and from the deep south back to Mass. would qualify - trigger respiratory problems.

The good news, from what I have been reading, is that tx for hep C may help with COPD problems.

Hope you feel better soon, Chris
Kathy
I know what your saying about the drs and medical staffs.  LOL  NyGIRL and I were just talking about that on a thread above.  It's a scary thing.

Beagle
Just to be on the safe side have your doctor do a cat scan & xray to rule out any lung problems.....take it from me, its amazing what can happen.
If you subtract the med's sx's and some of the issues that TX actually resolved, the time on tx was about the healthiest I've been in a few years. No colds, flu - junk like that.  Better diet, vitamins may have had something to do with it too.
Same here.  I
I had the same experience up till now.  No colds, no nutin beyond sx
After thinking about it a little, when I was on tx I didn't socialize outside the family, didn't travel for biz as much, didn't go to restuarants, movies,malls.  I guess, in addition to the meds, I was probably self-quarantined too.
Any movies lately?  In one of the threads today there's discussion about intimidation at doc's office (hint)