Hepatitis C Community
Question about Hepatitis C Antibody test I received

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hello, I know I ask a lot about my girlfriend, but now I asking for me:

I went in to have a Hepatitis C Antibody tets done and this is what was on the paper:

Hepatitis C Ab (IgC): Nonreactive
Signal to Cutoff (Hep C) is 0.06                less than 1.00  ratio

If it is non reactive, why do I have .06 on the tets for the signal to cutoff. Is there some Hepatitis C in my body?

Tags: Hepatitus C, Hepatitis C, Abtibody, Cutoff Ratio
"Is there some Hepatitis C in my body?"

No, it is an antibodies test and can pick up on other things

"If it is non reactive, why do I have .06 on the tets for the signal to cutoff"

You are negative follow the link to see the full test ratio's, what is positive, negative and indeterminate, it is a copy of my positive test, I know it is side ways but just deal with it :)

http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/319023?personal_page_id=2257215
Hrsepwr thanks for the test

but why would I have .06 on the tets for non reactive. Does that mean that a little Hepatits C was found?

Or maybe that I am at an acute stage and just picked it up recently like a month ago?

No, for 1 it wouldn't be hep c but the antibody and 2 you ARE neg by the antibody test standard

And No

I don't have a problem with you asking questions but dude you need to chill out, you are going to worry yourself to death long before anything else could get you
sorry if i seem paranoid, but it just makes me feel bad when i saw .06 under hepatitis c antibody. Even though less than 1.00 is non reactive, i still felt kind of strange seeing a number for hepatitis c.

I thought it would be 0. On my other blood tests there were some 0 answers...
Imagine how I felt when I saw 11.0 and then a RNA PCR that said 14.2 million, your antibody negative and your girl is RNA negative, you can relax and not worry about hep c unless you have a legitimate risk factor on the future

Have a great day
The link u have posted has been removed
You have added a comment to a 3 year old thread which is likely why the link that was posted is no longer any good I would think.

If you would like to post a new question please select the green post a question link at the page top right hand side