RISK OF TRANSMISSION
Is sniffing drugs a real high risk activity with concern to getting Hep C? I have read so many differing opinions on the subject. I used cocaine in the past and now that i'veheard this is a possible way to get Hep C I'm freakin out. Any help or info woul dbe great.
I am new here and new to hep c, but what I have read is that yes you can get it from snorting.  The transmission occurs from sharing straws or whatever method you used to snort.  If the person before you has hep c and their nose is bleeding in theory you can get it from them if your nose is also bleeding/raw.  I understand though there has to be blood to blood contact.  I don't think the risk is real high unlike blood transfusions and sharing needles.  You are probably fine.....but you will have to be tested to be sure.  When you are tested will depend on when you think the risk occured.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you!
there is a very small risk if you share straws. no risk at all if you use your own straw and never share it. DO NOT use a bill, there are more germs, etc on that. there are other risks of snorting, addiction, etc even using your own straw but that is a whole other subject. i will not lecture you on drug use but just wanted to answer your question.
thanks for the repsonses. appreciate it.
Snorting is a 'low risk' activity for hcv transmission.  Intravenous drug use and blood transfusion are the two most common ways to transmit Hcv.  

How long ago was your last snort?  If 90 days or more, an antibody test will be reliable.

Probably, you will be neg.  But remember your anxiety when you are tempted again.  It's not worth it.