Hepatitis C Community
Right hand side of my rib cage at the bottom of.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hello my question is ,I have hep c and am just waiting to go back to hospital for which genotype i have,but my question is on my right hand side where my liver is at the bottom of my rib cage it feels all lumpy,is that my liver gone hard ?
Mostly they say that you can't really feel pain in your liver, but I have had some pain in my right side also. My doctor just says it is your diaphram. But right under your rib cage is where they take the biopsy from, so I dunno, you will have to find out from your doctor. Good Luck
Hello thanks for youre reply,in my case its not a lot  pain,just at the bottom of my ribs on r/h side it is lumpy a little tender,i am having a fibroscan next week so they will tell me then.Then the following week back to hospital for which Genotype so interesting times,once again thanks for youre input.
tywhy.
hep c also makes all other sorts of problems...ie gallstones,wich there for block your bile ducts...etc also can cause ibs bile reflux ...
i had hep c for a long time and i too had that lingering dull ache/pains around liver area and even since cured still get them on and off.im getting them really bad lately :/
I also have had that pain for off and on, years now. Been to 4 different doctors, had ultrasounds, scans, whatever I could think of but each doc said the saime thing, liver does not feel pain. So, I learn to live with it. Sometimes it goes away for months then comes back. I always thought it was caused by something I am eating, just my thoughts.