Skin Rash
I have Hep C, type 1A.  I am taking combination therapy and have responded after just 3 months.  Several weeks ago I developed a severe skin rash and itching over most of my body.  The doctor tried Zertec for alergic reaction.  When that didn't work he began short-term cortizone treatment.  That worked for a week or so.  Now it is back again.  The itching is driving me mad.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, what worked?
I took Benadryl tablets (antihistamines)
Helllllll ya!  many many of us have the rash & itching.  It is a common side effect of the riba.  We try everything from Aveeno oatmeal baths, epson salt baths, to hydrocortisone creams, benadry gel for itch, to mineral oil/baby oil after showering, the Zyrtec/benadryl/allergy type pills.  That's about it, keep on trudging and moving forward, itchin and a scratchin!
The best thing I have used for the skin rash is alpa-keri bath oil. I use it in my bath and then when I get out of the tub, while still wet....I pour some in my hands and rub over entire body. It has been wonderful for me. By the way you get this over the counter @ the drug store. Best Wishes!!!!
Try not to take very hot showers and dry off with baby oil.  I went to a dermatologist and she gave me some ointment ?? but I started taking Benadryl at night and it also made me sleep.

Lori

You didn't mention what the rash looks like.  Are you spending time in the sun?  Some people develop photosensitivity to sunlight while on tx.  If you are in the sun try to avoid it all together for awhile to see if that helps.  A good cream that helped me was Elomet by Schering-Plough.

Good luck
Try to see if the stuff you wash your clothes in is doing it, detergent, fabric softener, etc. I got rashes from those dryer sheets while on Tx. Had to stop using them and I still don't use them to this day.

Get Well
I took allegra in the a.m., atarax at night and used a prescription creme called diprolene for the rash. It stops the itch and heals the skin. Until I found this combbination I thought I was going to have to quit treatment. I also used ice packs on the rash.
Good luck,
Barb
Thanks everyone!  As a result of your responses and answers to other questions I have already used Aveeno anit-itch cream, oatmeal baths and benedryl.  Feeling better already.  I will see the doctor tomorrow and will see about some of the prescriptions mentioned.  Thanks so much for the quick responses.  I'll be checking in from time to time and will do whatever I can to help others.  This is a great forum.