Hepatitis C Community
Test result for Hepatitis c antibody

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Test result for Hepatitis c antibody

What does this test result mean Hepatitis C Antibody Signal to Cut- Off  REACTIVE 30.80 H       <1.00
That the cut off point is 1.00 and if this Hepatitis C test is 30.80 Reactive your
antibodies for Hepatitis C are very high and your positive for Hepatitis C antibodies.  There is no reason to retest to confirm a possible false test results.  Move on to a viral load test and see what the results are.  20% clear the virus on their own and don't have an active viral load.  

DWBH
Do I have to get morre blood work for the  load testing. does this mean I have Hep. c  should I seek treatment
You need another test.  It's a HCV PCR (hepatitis C viral load test).  It will tell if you have a active hepatitis C viral infection.  20% clear the virus on their own and still test positive.  The only way to tell if you do currently have Hepatitis C is to get another test.  A hepatitis C viral load test.

If you have every tested positive for Hepatitis C antibodies - you will continue to test positive for the rest of your life.  This doesn't mean you actually have
Hepatitis C.

DWBH