Hepatitis C Community
Upper right quadrant pain

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Upper right quadrant pain

SVR'd in 2010, been virus free since Feb 09, still get pains on my right side occasionally.  Doc, finds nothing wrong.  Anyone else experience this.
Where are the pains?  I did get an occasional pain on my right side upper chest area.  I had a chest xray that confirmed - all good and no problems.  I was told it was and could be muscular.....
take care
I have not experienced this type of pain since SVR. However, I am wondering if the doctor is just telling you nothing is wrong or if the doctor has actually done some tests and determined that there is nothing wrong based on the test results. If it was me I would want6 some blood tests done as well as other tests such as X-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, etc. to see if anything is going on. I am not saying they all need to be done, but the doc should be doing some investigation, in addition to a physical exam,  if you are continuing to have right upper quadrant pain.
I too have the same problems. Before treatment and eot everything I went to the dr they said it was a pulled muscle. Had just about everything done and no one knew or could give me an answer to what it was. I'm still clueless as to what is causing it. Maybe things will change after 6 months but who knows.
I also get upper right pain in my back... The dr say pulled muscle, I am clear since 03  
You might want  to look up Gallstone symptoms.  Pain in the upper back -
I believe is a noted symptom.  

Best to You
Thanks all.  Just had another ultrasound and complete blood work.  All is good except for a fatty liver, not bad but consistent with having Hep C for 35 years, prior to SVR.  Am going to work on reducing fatty liver, if I can.
I dont know what degree of fatty liver you are dealing with. I lost an Uncle from fatty liver that never had any hep history at all.
I will be soon getting my one year SVR test, and I still have some right side pain, sometimes its rather intense. I just try to not let it make me crazy, but its very hard to ignore since I had hep for 20 plus years.
It does seem to be a problem for a lot of us. For me its not debilitating just something I would rather not deal with. I would like to put it all behind me, but this right side pain keeps me in check, reminding me where I have been. Maybe its a good thing.
I am SVR and I too have intermittent pain on my right side.

"For me its not debilitating just something I would rather not deal with. "

My sentiments exactly.
I've had a lot of pain too. It's gotten better over the last few weeks with some dietary changes. I hope the relief is not temporary.
I always believed that pain in upper right quadrant was NOT related to liver. I've changed my mind about that.. Karen:)