Hepatitis C Community
anti-Hcv

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

anti-Hcv

My anti-Hcv count was 0.018, negative. the cut-off value is 0.217. Does it mean I already got a hepatitis virus? Would it (count) goes up in the near future and become positive?
Please help! I am worried. Thanks!
Gerry from Philippines
Sounds like you should be celebrating!
You're more than ten times below the "infective" threshold, so you should feel comfortable you're not infected. But if you were very recently infected, it takes time for your body to react to an infection and produce antibodies in sufficient quantity to score a + on an antibody (or viral load) test. So if you think you may have been exposed, test again in a few more weeks or months to be sure. Incidentally, assuming you think you may have gotten HCV sexually (being that the Phillipines has oft been described as a male "sexual Disneyland"), it's not easy to get it that way (hep B is easily transmitted sexually though). It's possible but not likely. And we're all patients too btw, best for you to discuss these things with a real doctor is you're really worried about it.
Avatar n tn
Thanks a lot guys for replying to my question. To ladywhy for cheering me up. And to mremeet for the very informative answer. I was not infected before of any hepatitis virus, and could not be possibly gotten a virus sexually 'coz my wife doesnt have one and there is no way i could get it sexually from other girl 'coz i am a monogomous type of person.
Best regards,
Gerry
what was your risk for hep c?  Mremeet is 100% correct.  Hep C can be transmitted sexually but is very rare for that to happen.  Hep b is a classic Std and is easily transmitted through sexual activity.

If you don't have a risk for hep c (mainly intravenous drug use and blood transfusion) you don't need to test.
Avatar n tn
sorry to disagree,but transmission routes for hep-c may in fact be many & mysterious.....perhaps thru dental work,unclean medical procedure,nail salon,bloody brawling,snorting coke or the most insidious:alien anal probes!!go see a Good Doctor and resolve your anxiety...
10356 Coyote is always out there ... Comment
JesusSon commented on pitter's status
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
May 27
Track your weight over time