Hepatitis C Community
clinics
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

clinics

Are there clinics at low cost or no cost for the treatment of Hep C using interferon.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
87972_tn?1322664839
There
There are clinical trials that might be available for no cost; it depends largely on what you’re looking for, whether you’ve treated in the past, your current health status, etc.

Maybe if you gave the folks here some background including where you live, etc someone might be able to provide info.

Good luck and welcome to the discussion group,

--Bill
Blank
87972_tn?1322664839
There, there, LOL!
Blank
I have just went thru the interfon and ribo treatment, I have ins that covers it. My husband does not have ins. it was very costly. We live in Michigan and in good health except for hep c.  ( i have been cured thank goodness) i actually have one more month of meds yuk. The treatment is not fun!!!!! now we have to work on getting my husband well.  Does any one have any suggestions of where to begin to find med help?

Thanks.
Blank
Hello check here, Patient assistance programs. It explains it all........ Good luck.

http://www.merck.com/responsibility/pap-information.html

cando
Blank
87972_tn?1322664839
Señor Can-do-man linked a good site for patient assistance for the HCV meds; if that helps, by all means use that as a resource. Unfortunately, while patient assistance can help with medication costs, it won’t pay for doctor fees, labs, procedures, etc.

If you feel that clinical trial participation is a possibility, that option might be available as well. You can go to this site:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/search

and enter ‘HCV, Michigan’ for more info to get things rolling; there are folks here that will help you decipher the pros and cons of trial participation. They generally offer superlative care and cutting edge medicine, but have certain drawbacks as well.

It’s best to discuss all this in advance with a qualified physician, and let them guide you; but without insurance, even a consult can be difficult to afford, of course.

Good luck with your treatment outcome, and again welcome; continue to ask questions, and we’ll try to answer as best we can.

Take care—

Bill
Blank
1118724_tn?1357014191
Try a university teaching hospital. They have supplied the blood work, biopsy, cat scans, ultrasounds, and occasional 'doctor' visit (usually a resident) and arranged via Genetech (formally Roche) Patient Assistance Program for the primary treatment drugs plus, a secondary drug from Amgen. While it has had it's drawbacks, like poor communication, it's all been free care. Let us hope this might be a path open to you.
All the very best.
Blank
The government agency, the Bureau of Primary Health Care, has clinics all over the country and many offer free treatment and doctor visits for hepatitis C patients. Go to the following link http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC_byAddr.aspx . Call the clinics listed for your area and ask.

Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank