diet
PSL
I  did the Inferon/Riba treatment back in July of 2006 and it made me so sick I could not continue and work.  
My question is....Are there certain kinds of food you should AVOID?  At the present time I  eat anything...Since I can not do the treatments right now I thought there are certain foods I should avoid.  Any help would be appreciated..thanks
PSL
anybody???
Hi psl--Sorry to hear the tx made you sick--I'm not sure what stage you're at regarding your liver, but you can find a lot of information by using a search engine on your computer and typing in "liver-friendly food", etc. Have you discussed with your doctor your concerns?

Personally, I find it helpful to avoid salt, high fat foods, and red meat--protein is very hard for the liver to process. Fruits and vegetables are great for the diet, preferably raw or steamed. Olive oil for cooking and salad dressings. Avoid cooking in cast iron pots/skillets, and of course, abstain from drinking alcohol.

Hope you begin to feel better. Good luck.
eating ribs on riba is righteous.
My doc said no shell fish (contains its own hepatitis), tons of water  (i drank 8-10 20oz bottles a day), careful of too much sugar, but eat what you can,what tastes good. I ate ice cream, yogurt,nuts,granola bars, apples, bananas, sandwiches.......I gained 15 lbs. That is apparently unusual, still had the metallic chemical taste though. What was weird is my sense of smell. I was in church one morning and I swear the guy next to me had eaten pancakes, cuz I could smell syrup!!!! No really!! In spring, I could smell flowers from 25-35 feet before I got there. But it really is a regimen.I read in one of the threads and a few others concurred, you come to know, even embrace the side effects as part of your ritual, even though they are pretty difficult. I apologize to those who had the most severe ones. Iam 3mos post tx.I would do it again
Greens for the vitamin K is a plus according to my doc. No shell food.