Hepatitis C Community
eye splash

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

eye splash

I got spashed in my eye while removing a patient int with the content in it. Im pretty sure the was some blood cuntent.in it. i rinse my eye but i'm still worried. I know the chances are small, but i'm still worried
Your chances are even less then small, they are zero...... Hep C is blood to blood, Good luck to you
The best thing to have a piece of mind you should go to occupational health and report your accident ASAP It happens all the time in medical setting, you are not alone.Viruses like HepatitisC can cross mucous membrane incl.eye if you had a splash with pt's secreation contaminated with blood.You did the right thing to wash eyes immediately. You're most likelly ok but I would surely like to know just not to worry. Good luck!!!
You are so right.  Zebra3 protect yourself and report this occupational
accident.  It very important.  
Hi there
I remember same thing hapened to me. Had a blood splash while taking someone's blood and the blood went into my eye. He had hep C. Was young at that time and just rinse my eyes and never thought back about it.

Found out last year that I had hep C. And I am pretty sure that it was either this incident or through needlestick injury that I got it.
I did go to occupational health and check in so they could do his rapid hiv and hepc screen. but the eye is soft tissue, therefore i'm worried. thanks everyone for your thoughts
Could you actually see blood in your eye? I had something similar happen while taking a blood sugar. I thought that something hit my eye but when I looked there was no blood but i was still worried that it may be just a tiny bit. So I am curious.