Hepatitis C Community
help really worried

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

help really worried

my husband sighs of foggy thought and his abilty to think not very clear. he's very hard to wake up is that a sigh of going into a colma

I’m sorry to hear of your husband’s troubles. Is he currently taking Lactulose or anything to manage ammonia production? The Lactulose will be the sticky-sweet liquid that gives him the runs? He may need to have that adjusted, or possibly have another drug added to that regimen.

Bill
really good answer bill.  i had that problem, actualy my ammonia levels got so high last year as to through me into a coma.  i had no idea because it comes on gradualy and your ability to identify the problem lessens as the level of ammonia rises.  i just happen to be lucky and somone found me very quickly.  after my return, i was brought to tears because i couldn't finish the daily crossword .  llakey keep an eye out for little signs.  also be aware of potassium, to much can be toxic.  i only know this by living it.  you must be your best advocate when it comes to your or partners health.  cece