Hepatitis C Community
hep c vs/ thyroid

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hep c vs/ thyroid

finished hep c treatment 3 months ago, I sleep 12 hours a day, tired/sleepy all the time. results of treatment won't be known 'till august- anyone out-there think it could be thyroid associated? I'm totally in the dark, doc says I'm fine but I'm far from it...appreciate all feedback, gotta go take another nap, T.J.B.
HCV therapy can definitely cause thyroid problems; this has been well documented. Hopefully you received a thyroid panel prior to therapy and again at least once during Tx. Do you have copies of labs to refer to and check? And if so, what were the results?

I’m not a thyroid guru, but there are others in here that have had issues with this and will share their experiences with you.

Good luck-

Bill

As Bill mentioned..treatment can very often have adverse effects on the thyroid (hypothyroidism) and one of the main symptoms of that is fatigue. The normal ref. range for thyroid is...0.5-6 u/ml . Maybe have it checked as some docs seem to miss this,and it is easily treated with meds. Below is one of many articles on thyroid.

.http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/hypothyroidism-too-little-thyroid-hormone

Good luck

WILL