Hepatitis C Community
need assistance with co-pay of meds any info please

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

my co-pay is going to be around $500.00 a month is there somewhere i can get help with? Where do I look?
Commitment to Care- (1-800-521-7157)  Schering Ploughs resource for free meds. google for the website. i'm uninsured and they provide mine. i know they work w/insurance as well. income ceiling is $70,000 in the state of fla. easy application process. i was approved in 24 hours. they ROCK. let us know, best of luck to you.  tracy
i 2nd the motion-they are truly commited to care!
These are sources of help for the rescue drugs should you need them.

Neupogen and Procrit sources
Amgen, Inc.
Contact: Amgen Safety Net Programs
Medical Technology Hotlines:
1-800-272-9376 (202-637-6698 in Washington, D.C.)
Drugs Available:

Epogen
Neupogen
Amgen's program consists of a universal patient program and a variable cap program for uninsured patients. Enrollment in the program is based on a patient's insurance and financial status.
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.neutropenia.ca/

dug out of the archives...

8-12-05 Copay assistance program archives
Rearfang, thanks to your suggestion I was successful in receiving assistance by applying for their "Special Consideration" program. I wouldn't have known it existed if you hadn't suggested it. I called them back and sure enough, they had one! My profound thanks to you. I got a call from them just now and they are picking up the 405.00 co pay per month for the duration of treatment which in my case is 24 weeks. I will now (finally!)start tx this weekend. I am so grateful to you all for all your help and encouragement. For others who might have incomes too high for many programs(ours was 50k+) I will list here the programs I found in my efforts to get assistance. For those taking PEGINTRON you can call the Commitment to Care Program 1-800-521-7157, the one I used. The others I found: P.S.I. 1-800-366-7741 and Patient Advocate Foundation 1-800-532-5274 also offer co pay assistance. I will repost here the program Rearfang mentioned Pegassist 1-877-734-2797
I have entered into a danger zone, and I have 3 weeks to start the meds-peg-intron.  I was told by "committment to care" that they could not help me because my income was alittle over
50,000/year, and that I have insurance that pays half.  That leaves me with paying approx. 1,000 per month.  I do not have $1,000/month.  I see phone numbers and other places to call, so I will do that.  (help!)

msue
I am about 4 months stort od my peg- intterferon and Ribovarin. I am insured bu free prograqn will run out. Ty Dr. wants to extend TX because I was a slow responder. Any Idra on where to g4tt hhalp
The following are Patient Assistance Programs provided by the drug manufacturers. Depending on your income, they may qualify you for low or no cost meds to finish up your treatment. Have a copy of your 2007 federal tax form1040 available, and give them a call:

Pegassist (Roche Pegasys system): 1-877-734-2797

Commitment to Care (Schering- Plough PEG-Intron system): 1-800-521-7157

Good luck—

Bill
If this is available to you from work, you might also consider enrolling into a Flexible Spending Account and reserve up to $4000/year for any out of pocket medical expenses. You have to plan carefully, as any unused amount is lost at the end of the calendar year but it's pre tax money. A pretty safe bet if you are planning to start TX soon and your projected expenses will be around $500/month for 24 or 48 weeks.