question about the HCV virus
I recently got blood work done that I was expecting to come back normal. Like a lot of people on this site, the test showed I had HCV antibodies the screening came back as "1.0"

So I got the HCV RT-PCR quantitive test at LabCorp, and another antibodies screening. The lower level for it is 25 IU/mL..The test came back as "HCV not detected"..This time the antibodies came back as "1.1"

Now, my question for you guys is how long does it take the virus to grow to a point where it can be detected. Is it possible its just in its early stages and thats why there's a low amount ? How long would it take for it to reach 25 IU/mL ? And also why would my antibody level continue going up, does the antibody level fluctuate?
NUCLEIC ACID DETECTION

The diagnosis of HCV infection can also be made through detection of HCV RNA using reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) techniques. HCV RNA can be detected within one to two weeks after exposure to the virus, weeks before the onset of ALT elevations or the appearance of anti-HCV. In some patients, the detection of HCV RNA may be the only evidence of HCV infection.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/1999/0101/p79.html

Do you know if LabCorp offers that test? and say someone was one of the lucky ones and cleared the virus  by themselves, would their antibody count still fluctuate or would it stay the same , go down , etc?
Do you know if LabCorp offers that test?---That is the test you had already RNA stands for ribonucleic acid.

I am not sure about the antibody levels fluctuating but I think you are 1 of the 20% who cleared the virus through your own immune system, because of the "HCV not detected"

This is the scaries thing I've ever went thru in my life, it's nice to be able to talk to people who truely understand what you are going through

Say my exposure was 1-2 months ago, that would be enough time to be detectable with the test I used? at least 25 iu/ml?
Yes at 1-2 months post exposure the test you had would be conclusive.

Congrats, you can relax and enjoy life.
It really bothers me that my antibody levels went up, has anyone else had this happen to them?
Sorry  I didn't see your post before I posted again, thank you so much for answering you may think of it as a simple post but you don't know how much I appreciate it , I hope you are correct :( because according to my doctor I have acute hepatitis C
I wouldn't worry about your antibody level, it really means nothing other than you have them and you will test positive for them forever, I also don't think you will find anybody here who has monitored their antibody levels as most of us are HCV positive and at best have monitored our viral load with the test you had that said not detected
Thank you for taking your time out to answer man

If anyone else can reassure me with the antibody situation it would be appreciated ..
also, you said the RT PCR test that I had done is the same thing as an RNA test?  
Labcorp test #550100

Hepatitis C Virus (HCV), Quantitative, RNA PCR (Graphical) With Reflex to Genotyping

Limitations:  The limit of detection of this assay is 7.1 IU/mL for HCV genotype 1, and the quantifiable range of the assay is 25 IU/mL to 69,000,000 IU/mL.

This is the test you had ran, it actually test down to 7.1 IU/ml

No worries, your good to go.
It says  HCV Rt-PCR Quant (Non-Graph)
If you don't believe that I know what I'm talking about then by all means wait another month and get tested again.

Have a great day
No don't take it like that ! Lol im just scared man  thank you I appreciate you helping me I feel better I just hoPe Im not in for any suprises!
Look I know your are scared I have been there and mine came back detectable with a viral load of 14.2 mill, I wouldn't tell you that you are good to go unless I meant it, they are all RNA test that is how they identify the virus is by ribonucleic acid

Here is the link to labcorp test menu you can go look for yourself

https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hACzO_QCM_IwMLXyM3AyNjMycDU2dXQwN3M6B8JG55AwMCuv088nNT9QtyI8oBPK_DWA!!/dl2/d1/L0lDU0NTQ1FvS1VRIS9JSFJBQUlnb0FNeUtibTZtL1lCSkp3NDU0a3N1eWx3ISEvN19VRTRTMUk5MzBPR1MyMElTM080TjJONjY4MC9zZWFyY2hCeUtleXdvcmQ!/?criterion=hcv+rna+rt-pcr&x=36&y=12
Nah man I trust you I was just confused with how it was written..thanksagain
Just for further reassurance, I completely agree with
hrsepwrguy.  It is possible to have a false negative with the antibody test, especially for some people with immune system problems, or it could mean you were one of the lucky ones who cleared the virus spontaneously.  

Your PCR is negative and that's what counts.  You are good to go.

Mine was negative too a year after havoni treatment. I had previously undergone 2 different rounds of interpheron treatments and was none responsive. Now I have liver damage and compromised immune system.. So I'm still worried that this none detected is not true my new dr said I was cured. But I'm still scared.