Hepatitis C Community
raised alkaline phosphate levels again

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

raised alkaline phosphate levels again

Hi all,
I have had an elevated alkaline phospatase (167) when tested in February. I was tested again 2 weeks later and it rose again to 185 and then went down to 167. My doctor has since ordered calcium and phosphorus blood levels, parathyroid hormone levels... these are all normal. AST test is normal too. When they did the test to see where the alkaline is coming from it was coming from the bone more than the liver and intestine (although levels were present from them). I was put on vitamin D tablets as my Vitamin D level was in the normal range but low. I was told to have a blood test in early August and got the results back today. My alkaline phosphate level is 156...so it is going down. They are just going to monitor it. Is this enough? I asked for a liver scan but because the doctor said there isn't much coming from the liver then it's not worth it and they are just going to monitor it every 2 months. I'm worrying again :-( Anyone else had this problem?
Thank you.
I have had a hepatitis test done as well which was normal.
GGT test was 14 which is normal also