rising creatinine levels
Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of the interferon making your creatinine rise, Mine is at 7.7 still feel okay, very tired most of the time, it was 6.1 when I tested in July, God, I'm really scared I won't make it to the 12 wk mark and they won't check VL before that, I just keep saying to myself I can do this and it will work as long as I think postive I can do it. I just had to say this out loud, sorry to take up new thread I just get so scared. Thanks everyone Linda
As long as your kidney team is aware of the rise in Creatine, I'm sure you're OK. The fatigue you feel is the interferon killing the virus. Very common even for those of us with normal kidney functions. I'm sure you'll make the 12 weeks but if things get too bad you can always ask your doctors to re-evaluate their decision not to test the viral load sooner. At this point, they probably think you're strong enough to continue so their pushing for the "full" treatment. Keep us posted and try not to worry. You'll doing everything anyone could possibly do and I'm sure it will pay off.

-- Jim
Thanks Jim, always there with words of wisdom, you, and all of you always make me feel reassured. Thank you Linda
Thanks Rudy, I'm drinking about 8 to 10 bottles of water a day and am trying to drink more, I know I feel much stronger when I can get really hydrated. Thanks Linda
Drink LOTS of water.  Let the kidneys do as much filtering as possible.

Rudy
Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is considered by medical professionals to be the best measure of kidney function. The calculator can be found at http://www.davita.com/gfr_calculator/. The creatinine serum level input is in mg/dl
I don't know anything about the creatine,  but what everyone else has said makes sense.  If need be, I think that you can pay for your own PCR, although perhaps the doctor's will loosen up their thinking if they don't think you can continue with the Interferon.  I would be scared too, Lin but I have faith in you.
Kathy
Thanks Kathy, don't think I would be holding together quite so well if I hadn't found all of you on this board, thanks for all the support from each and every one of you. It means the world to me. Again Thanks Linda