Hepatitis C Community
well?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

well?

how do you loose a blood test? i was told by my Doctor that the ALK and GGT part of my blood tests were "lost"? imagine that. i've been on the edge for the last 3 weeks waiting for these test results, and after leaving 2 messages with the office the doc calls back and leaves the message on my machine that these tests were lost and we need to re take them? Hum??? is this maybe what happened to my first tests? ALT and AST were normal but my viral load was 23million?? dont make sense to me? maybe my tests were all lost and they had some extra blood so hey!!! sorry just had to vent, looking for a new doctor in houston area any recomendations? thanks
I think looking for a new Dr. in Houston sounds like the best plan...gee, I hope they didn't give your results to someone else and vice/versa!! I'd make sure and get re-tested just incase after you find your new Doc!!!
You may or may not have a lousy doc, but I will input about the labs. Lab results are lost or botched now and then all over. It just happens...nothings perfect in the human world. My wife is a practitioner and I hear this is just a fact of life. Your doc does not carry out or oversee the lab activities. Waiting for labs is very stressful...
Hi,   If your looking foer best Doc in Houston, take a look at Dr.Joseph Galati's web site....  You may want to consider him as your Doc, he's at St. Lukes on Fannin ( Med Center )...

Take a look at the web site, go to:  www.texasliver.com

Hope this helps......Sorry about the lost blood...
Also happened to me back in 1995 and it is a let down! I used a different Doc back then.....

Maggie
I agree that lab tests are blotched or lost but the question is were they lost by the lab or the doctor's office? Oh well, we are all human and not perfect, it's just so frustrating when you are waiting for results so you can move forward and then find out you have to start all over again. I have asked the question to my friends "Would you rather have a good doctor or a doctor with a good bedside manner?" For me it's one and the same, if he has a good bedside manner I trust him and can forgive mistakes because I DO trust him.  What do u think, can u trst your dr.?
I hate my lab.

They have never failed to leave a huge hematoma on my arm. It is just starting to fade by my next appt and they do it again.

Of course I've never had as much blood work as I've been having lately-but I don't remember EVER having this problem with blood being drawn in the past.

Don't these freaking people have any TRAINING???
Hey, my doctor's office lost my 4 week post TX PCR!!!!  Good thing the almost 6 week PCR came back UND.  Otherwise, I might have hurt myself or others.

I consulted with a doc at Baylor Liver Center in Houston.  Her name was Risa Stribling.  I really wanted to do my TX with her but just couldn't handle the travel (3 1/2 hours from here).

Good luck.  Finding the best doctor is important to your physical AND mental health.