Hepatitis Social Community
Meds here earlier than expected

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Meds here earlier than expected

Telaprevir arrived only in one week instead of the 4 weeks as initially thought

I will still keep though everything as planned so at this stage all going well, looks like Thu 1/11 will be the D-Day. I should do the injection at 1:11 and I will be in for a success :)

Next week I will go to discuss the protocol but by now I pretty much know it all from all of you
Fingers crossed my blood counts are going a little bit up so I can start tx from some decent numbers. I have been told that if necessary they will lower the interferon dose so they can keep me going

Hmmm, this sounds like a different approach from the one all of you had. Does that sound right?

This is soo exciting, I am sooo looking forward to it
1-11 is the date of my last injection. Just a question, why wait so long? I thought that the sooner started, the sooner finished...Mark
When blood levels drop interferon can be reduced or they can use 'rescue' meds such as nuepogen for low wbc and procrit for low rbc.

Ideally, you want to stay on full dosage of interferon as long as possible to ensure knocking the virus out, so to speak.

If I were you I'd ask the doc about the rescue meds, whether they use them and if not, why not.

However, I reduced my dosage twice but I'm a small person who has always been med-sensitive.

Hope that helps.
why wait?
To start with I thought it will be 4 weeks till the meds are here so I made plans accordingly.

I have an MRI done on 24th and last 2 times I have done them , next days I was having headaches and throwing up the whole day. It must be from the contrast substance - Gadolinium. So I will better be done with that. Few days later is my birthday. And I want to start tx on a Thu  so I can take Fri off if needed so the first Thu is the 1/11.  

I would try to move the MRI earlier but does not seem to be easy to do it

I would have started earlier. I really want to be done with it, I am soo over it :)
I just added that on my Question list
No worries, I was just wondering. I started the process in 12-2011 and did not start until 2-17 of 2012 because of various system failures out of my control. I even cancelled a trip to Mexico tn Jan. because I was expecting to start. If I had started in early Jan, I would be done in early Dec.....Mark
Not long to go Mark
I can only hope I will have to do it for 24 weeks

At this stage I only hope that I can do it
Mentally I am bulding up better and better, weird but I am not complaining :)
At this stage I am pretty much interupting anyone talking negative around me, I switch the tv button on sad news.

I tell you what - I love to watch one of you news channel especially now with the elections. Is almost like Saturday night, comedy, especially when the have the debates. Bringing in Democrats and Republican journalists to give their 5 cents - EPIC!!!! I laugh continously....some of them are so skewed
Yup, we take democracy to a new level of comedy. Do you get The Daily Show with John Stewart or The Colbert report? They are on Comedy Central and have the best coverage of our election. I was told that I only had to do 24 weeks, but in june, they dropped the 48 week bomb on me. To tell you the truth, I think it made the 12 weeks of Incivek easier...Mark
Ouch!!!
How does that work? They test week 4 and 12 so when is it 24 weeks and when is it 48?

I will probably have to cancel my trip to Gold Coast in Australia planned for Jan
At this stage I only want to make it with the tx - my main focus. My end of sept blood counts were

Haemoglobin: 134 g/L ( 115 - 155 )
Platelets: 116 x10e9/L ( 150 - 400 ) L
WBC: 3.0 x10e9/L ( 4.0 - 11.0 ) L
Neutrophils: 1.49 x10e9/L ( 1.90 - 7.50 ) L
Lymphocytes: 1.09 x10e9/L ( 1.00 - 4.00 )

and that was a good month. Oh dear!!!

PS - the tv channel we have here is Fox News - totally Republicans I reckon
yeah, it sucked. The problem was that my last treatment was over 7 years ago and all records had been destroyed. My doc took the pessimistic view  that I was a non-responder and the insurance company wanted to say I was a relapser. The Doc won and I was changed to 48 weeks. A good reason to keep your own records. Fox news??? Oh yeah, you guys are pretty close to Rupert Merdoch, aren't you? You are correct that they are very right slanted. I wonder why so many Americans want an Australian billionaire to control our politics, makes no sense to me...Mark
  That all sounds good Diana.  The Teleprevir needs to be kept in
the refridgerator, by the hoo :)
How should I store INCIVEK?

Store INCIVEK tablets at room temperature between 59ºF to 86ºF (15°C to 30°C).

http://pi.vrtx.com/files/usmedguide_telaprevir.pdf