Hepatitis Social Community
New England Blizzard of 2013

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

New England Blizzard of 2013

Small flakes started falling about 7am Friday morning 2/8, started accumulating about noontime.  The Governor declared a state of emergency, closed the state highways, and everyone hunkered down.  When all was said and done, the snow  finally stopped this morning and the sun shone through finally at about 9am.  The conditions overnight were appropriately called blizzard-like... 75 mph wind gusts, with snow falling at 2-3" per hour or more.  The flakes became incredibly humongous, looking like white silver dollars swirling in the wind as they fell, blanketing everything in sight at a phenomenal rate.

Total snowfall tallies this morning range from 32" on up... there are areas where drifts are 5-6 feet.  No damage and no loss of power for me, but roads are impassable, and it will be a while before the whole state recovers...  the local news had a high-speed 24-hour video of a street corner not far from me, and it's pretty incredible:

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/weather/a-day-in-the-life-of-state-and-elm#.URb4tR3l_l4

Hope all here and there are well. ~eureka
Eureka, glad to read that you're safe and sound, have power, and doing OK. Well wishes for everyone in the northeast feeling the effects of the storm.
Advocate1955
So glad to see your name, I was thinking about you during the snow, hoping you were safe and warm. Heard you all got a lot of snow.
Thank you for posting
All my best
Dee
Hey the video was really cool, thanks so much for sharing