Questioning Dentist's Office Practices.
I have a new dentist and some of the office practices seem questionable.
First, they called my home and cell when I was 2 min. late walking in the office.
That was followed by two calls to see if I was going to follow their treatment plan.
Then they called to see if I wanted to change my appointment time. Then they called to
see if I wanted a two hour appointment then we could get more done. Then they called
to say I needed gum treatment. They called two times to encourage me to get started on the scaling of my
roots.  Al these calls have come to my cell phone. I think they feel like since I'm retired they call whenever they please. Initially, when I visited the doctor it was to have a filling, but I think when they realize I had really good dental coverage they became motivated
.
I really didn't need the extra time there but they insisted it was needed to save my teeth. Then during the process a tooth fell out. It had a gold inlay and I think the pressure weakened the tooth. Then they made an appointment at a surgeon. Then they called to confirm the appointment with the surgeon. Now I need an implant or a bridge which
they've said my use the rest of my benefits for the year.

When I callled the dentist to ask a question about the next process I was told she would be busy that afternoon
but she would call me later. She didn't call until I emailed an inquiry.

I explained my time was limited due to my sick parents, but it does not seem to phase them.
How does this situation strike you? Am I overreacting to my cell phone constantly ringing.
I waited until I was undected for months to have the work done, but maybe I should have waited until my tx was over.
Between meds and my parent's these people are running me crazy
This office definitely appears to be profit motivated.  If it were me, I would get second opinions on all of this and have the work done elsewhere.  It is very unfortunate they were instrumental in your tooth falling out.  

It does sound like you need quite a bit of dental work, and, in my opinion, it is money well spent.  It also would be advisable to get whatever you can to max out your benefits this year, and no more.  However, I don't think I would use this doctor.

You should be able to have them change their calls to your home phone (if you have one).  Doctor's offices usually ask which is the primary number and which one you want your calls to.  I usually do not give them my cell number.
I agree with frijole...I don't think I would use this Dentist either. At best, they have a poorly run office.
I am in a similar situation. I don't have coverage and I have extensive work to be done. I wen to a dentist and had the cleaning and xrays. He wanted to start tx with even ing the slight chips on my front teeth so I would " feel good about my smile"
I laughed at him and said, I will feel a lot better when I have the root canal and post for my broken tooth. Don't worry about how I feel about my smile."
Needless to say I am looking for a dentist who won't be worrying about my self esteem or his extras and will just do the freaking necessary work.
smh
  It is very easy to have a temporary plate made, in one sitting, not a permanent one, but just a thick plastic one, until you can get impant work done. This way your teeth wont shift~  so sorry that had to happen to you,while you are still on Tx.
   I have to go also, but I am waiting for 6 months post Tx, since my platelets are still a little bit low. You are so brave to go.  I think the Interferon is hard on the teeth, and gums, so your gums may have already been a bit loose, around the tooth, that fell out, but still, it sounds to me like the dentist office is responsible for this.  Didn't they notice the tooth was loosening, while they were working on your root?
   They have done terrible things to me at the dentist office, also. I had my gums loosen around a tooth, a year before myTx, so they pulled it.  Then, where the permanent plate (which I lost at the movie theatre, as soon as I had paid for it monthly, for 9 months)  was to sit, they drilled notches inmy remaining good teeth, on either side...I was shocked!
Personally, I would want to talk in person, with my dentist, about an action plan for tx. Too many calls and yes it does sound a little unprofessional.
C
You cofirmed what I thought.
Actually, until I lost the tooth I had only one tooth to be filled.

Reva
l will try your suggestion.

Reva
she sent a long letter with some foolishess.