Hepatitis Social Community
WORLD HEPATITIS DAY

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

WORLD HEPATITIS DAY

This Saturday July 28th is:

WORLD HEPATITIS DAY!.

If you are physical able, PLEASE get out and share your experience and knowledge about Hep-C and help save a life. Put your money where your mouth is and spread the word about Hep-C. Unfortunately, there are no rallys or gatherings planned where I live, so I plan on handing out Hep-C Awareness wristbands and info cards at the the Beach.

Hanging out on this Site on Saturday is not helping Hep-C Awareness, Get out and make a difference!
-------------------------------------------------------

No ,however for some that have HCV it is a valuable resource for many and especially for those treating.

On saturdays also.......
I think what Jon is trying to say here is do what you can. It is time to unite on this single day.  If you don't have band or flyers or are unable to talk to anyone (which I find obscene) then at the very least think about the disease in prayer.  You are living it, try and do something about it however small, it will make a difference in at least yourself.  
Thank you for interpreting  for me what another member is saying....

I find that interesting....
I am treating! I don't need anyone to answer my question. As a matter of Fact, this is my 3rd time on treatment. I'm trying to make a difference, after all, it is our day to Shine!
"I plan on handing out Hep-C Awareness wristbands and info cards at the the Beach."

Be sure to let us know how that goes, OK? I'm interested in hearing how people react to someone who has Hep handing them something, and watch to see if they drop it like it's covered in dog crap after they walk off.

I've never made it a big secret I have HepC in the past but more recently the reaction has ranged from adverse to outright recoil if I even as much as mention it in passing conversation. I realize it's through ignorance of the facts but have since decided it's something best kept to myself IRL situations.
I have been handing them out for over a week................free, with a Hep-C Facts card.
I actually handed out over 100 of them at a Rays game last week. People were very interested and actually proud to wear them.

I also contacted the local Health Dept and they want them for their clinics, as well as my Dr. and his Gastro/Heptologist Colleagues.

It's sad the ignorance in this world, it was very evident with Aids in the eaqrly 90's and now with Hepatitis. I don't have a problem with people knowing my plight, at least I am trying to make an effort. If a dog craps on it, I will pick it up, sanitize it, and give it to someone who cares.    

Kinda funny..........Live Strong has passed out over 50 million yellow arm bands,

I would be thrilled to get out the 2600 that I bought for Hep-C Awareness, and eliminate the ignorance about our disease.

Would you like some to hand out?

You are welcome for the interpretation. I thought perhaps you or others may have misunderstood the plight Jon is on.  I do understand, I have worked many hours directly with him and others on this project. I am qualified to interpret his meaning and intent.
Find that interesting?
Good for you. I think I'll pass.

The doctor I saw at the ER when I went to get my diagnosis washed his hands after probing my liver area and informed me it was people like me that were bring down the system. About how he used to be a Fed and dealt with people like me every day, so loud that people walked by the door and looked in the open door to see what was going on. I left AMA and filed a report against him with the Physicians Board of Registry and got him fired from the hospital.

I got it when my oldest friend, who I had known since I was 8 years old, set me up to contract the virus though a drug deal because he thought I had put a move on his wife. I hadn't.
Shocking-what a jerk!
Good for you for doing something about that Dr. No one should be able to represent the medical establishment and behave so abominably.
My doctor washes his hands  after everything. He's obsessive about it and working in a hospital, its understandable.

However the comments your doctor made, would have me calling administration, writing letters to the editor of local papers, doing whatever I could to point out this unprofessional behavior.
Shame on him.
When the Berkeley Free clinic was here doing free hep C testing I picked up some buttons about being hep C free which I wear often when out and about.

Almost everyone I've spoken with knows of someone who either has it or had it. However, although I see runs for AIDs and much about HIV/AIDs awareness, there's still too little about hep C.

Good for you, and keep up the good work.
I commend you, MDudley esp. Rog and Ladyfoxx (and any others I may have missed) for being so active during what must be the most difficult time of your lives. I know you are suffering terribly on tx and the fact that you put so much of yourselves out there to try to make a difference is truly impressive. Thank you for myself and for everyone carrying this monster.
Thank you for all your "Positive comments". There is also Free Hepatitis testing all over the World on Sat. in conjunction with World Hepatitis Day! Tell someone you know, or don't know, to "Get Tested".
Dumb @ss doctors like that need to be exposed.  Please, don't let that doctor get away with krap like that.  Report him to the proper hospital officials.  Someone needs to pull that dude up on his behavior.  

WTG, tiredofhepc!!
Did you miss the part where I reported him to the Physicians Board of Registry and got him fired from the hospital?

"Thank you for all your "Positive comments"."

Forgive me if I'm not as pollyanna about the matter as you or if I don't aspire to become the HepC advocate you do. Treatments aren't going to do me any good and there's no liver transplant in my future.

In addition to HepC I've had Hep B & D too, and from what I understand 70% of those patients contract liver cancer within 20 years, so if it's all the same to you I'll leave the crusade to you and chill the next 4 years.

Good LUCK!
Wish you the best.....................I'll see you on the Crusade!
Hopefully!
Amen I am contacting and telling everyone I can people have learned a lot here just from me speaking out!  You have been a great influence on creating awareness and will make a difference in someones life! You have made a difference in mine!  I agree with hangestu some people treat you bad some treat you good some are very interested in learning about this Hep C and not everyone get's it from drug abuse and even if they do who are they to judge?  Awareness is so important and everyone who ordered the HEP C bracelets from Tiredofhepc and Roger and myself I thank you with all my heart!  If we can save one life it's all worth it!  Orphanhawk buttons is another great way to advertise! :) Were all here to help and support each other were all doing treatment lets be kind to each other and listen with a open mind.  I have had so much support from members here I can't thank you enough!  AWARENESS may save a life and you will never even know!
Staying positive-love it!
i would love some bracelets!!
That's great news Angel thank you for your the support! Have a great night!
I have been watching this thread today with great interest.  The diversity in comments and discussion demonstrates the strength and health of our community.  I for one support the awareness cause, in my own way. I will spread the word with cards and bands and explain to those that are interested in learning.  I will take bands and cards to both my hep doc and my GP.  Most important to me I will take 5 minutes of silence and pray for all those afflicted with this horrible disease. I will do this in a personal place special to me. I will pray for the souls of those who have succumbed to this disease and pray for hope for those that are unsuccessful in tx.  I will help where I can and forgive the ignorant.
We all have different stories, reasons and excuses for our behavior.  The 28th is one day to reflect and do what is in your heart.
Have a great night everbody.
Thanks Rog. Goodnight and sleep well. :-)