Hepatitis Social Community
disability

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

disability

How many people are on disability for Hep c and what are the requirements. Just planning ahead incase I don't clear at six months.

Harry
I was told by my lawyer friend that this is a very good blog explaining the ins and outs of hep c and govt disability...hope this helps you....

http://heppie2000.tripod.com/index-3.html
Harry, you're in Canada and so am I.  I called about this to see what would be required in the event I would end up needing to go on disability.  I was told there are two ways to do it.  One way, you apply and it takes awhile to get approval.  The other way, was that you wait and apply for emergency disability and they will cover all your costs right away until the disability process works it's way through all the necessary red tape.  As for what constitutes disability, I didn't ask that.  I don't know what your current status is...I just know that there is also UIC coverage for a certain number of weeks also for health reasons.  I'm going to look into that shortly.  I was told that by a woman who provides support to those transitioning back to work after a disability. To get this info, I simply called the # in the phone book for this under Social Services.  If I find out anything more from this woman, I will let you know.  I need to call her soon for more information.  Good luck, Harry.

Trish
sorry, didn't realize youre from Canada...
Harry, it just occurred to me....what I said referred to government disability.  Are you asking about disability benefits from a work plan?
  CCP and private insurance are paying me 66% of my previous income at this time.They call it long term disability.
  I'm looking for info on permanent disability requirements. I believe that the same criteria is used for all insurance gov. or priv.
  If you find out more I would be fore ever grateful.

Harry