Recently i got blood tested and on intial screening it comes that Antibody HCV is positive. Subsequetly I got PCR test whihc comes negative. Now wht will be the further steps for me. Is there any medication by which Antibody becomes negative. Please advice.
About 20% of people who get infected with HCV do not get a chronical Hepatis. It is not completely understood, what makes these lucky people different from the other 80%
If one has Antibodies only, he/she is not infectious anymore. Please repeat the PCR in a few weeks to exclude a wrong negative result.
To keep it short: If you have antibodies, you have had contact to the virus, but if you do not have RNA, you are cured. Nevertheless, for priciple reasons you are not allowed to donate blood.
Does someone know why there are no answers from Dr. Dietrich to the questions? MedHelp?
There is a good chance your reactive screening test is a 'false pos.' To find out,
ask for a 'Riba' test, Recombinant ImmunoBlat Assay. This test is VERY specific
for hep c antibody. The screening test is VERY sensitive for ALL antibodies produced by
your immune sysytem.
Can you find out what your 'signal to cut/off ratio' was on the screening test? I'll bet it was less than 3, which means there is a good chance it is a false pos. A neg Riba
means the reactive screening test was false.
Went to the garnarologist(not sure if thats how you spell it)that was 2 weeks ago - Had to wait 20 days for my test to come back I find out thursday, Ive had 3 test for Hep C all neg for the disease but all POS to antibodies - Where do i go from as im trying to reach entry to join the army.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.
We're in the process of updating our system during which our trackers and health tools will not be available. We are doing our best to finish this update quickly. They should become available by 6:00 p.m. PST