Hepatitis Expert Forum
Why can't we have trials on natural products?

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Have been doing a lot of research on natural products, so why aren't there clinical trials for that? I have ready several time that frozen thymus has an excellent cure rate, some people are cured with collidal silver. So why aren't we doing
clinical trials on these cures?
Those two don't work and there is no good reason to do trials otherwise the companies who make them whould do the trials. We did do a milk thistle trial in HIV patients recently without  a positive result that was sponsored by the NIH.
You are confused about those two examples because there are people that are actually getting their viral load undetectable. Perhaps it goes back to we only use a small portion of our brain and when we apply faith to a cure it can work in a lot of cases. Maybe this could be the cure for the resistant 1 genotype.
Then again it could be that their genotype is resistanrt to this natural protocol. I know with 1, 1a, and some other types of hep C the interferon does not work and does a lot of damage to patients.
Isnt it true that some Doctors are still getting paid to prescribe the Interferon treatment, even when they know of the horrible side effects, that in get bring on a heart attack in some patients and actually kill them with the first injection ? The New York Times published a story about Schering-Plough, June 27, 2004. Stating that the doctors receive 10,000.00 to six figures just for doing this with Interferon. I would love to e mail the article to you.
I admire your tenacity but as a patient i dont think any doctor would put his/her patients on the peg and ribivarin therapy for the money. Have you been on this therapy? No one would put a person thru this for financial gain. Doctors must monitor their patients thru out the therapy, no doc would go thru all the specialist requirements just to cheat their patients. We all wish there was a natural remedy for hep c, it just isnt tthere. If you know a doctor recommended this therapy for money you should report him to the AMA. As for schering-plough they provided my meds and my viral load went down while on therapy, it went back up but for about 1 year post treatment i felt like a new person. I was grateful for that year. Dont believe everything you see and read and find a doctor you trust.
I think you are the one confused and not Dr. Dieterich. I don't know if the doctor will reply again, but in answer to your question, but Dr. Dieterich has previously stated that he treated with Interferon and Ribavirin for Hepatitis C TWICE himself. Do you think he would have subjected himself to this treatment twice if he didn't believe in its benefits? I find your insinuation that he might treat people just for money to be insulting and I'm not even Dr. Dieterich :) Hope you find a cure for yourself.

-- Jim
I never implied or insinuated that Dr. Dieterich was involved so you missed the point..I was just stating an article that was in the NY Times. I put the date up there for ppl to reference, but I am sorry for the confusion this statement has brought you. Good luck, God bless us all and goodnight ! ;)
A related discussion, Sho-saiko-to was started.