Hepatitis Expert Forum
hep c and flu shots

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

hep c and flu shots

Will a flu shot affect my liver badly or is it safe for me to get a flu shot?

thanks
I have Hep C and took a recommended flu shot by my Doctor last week. I would say yes. Do it!
I just ask my GI's RN that question. She said if I wanted to fine. It certainly won't hurt. Your are also more prone to get the flu has hep c lowers your immune system. I am getting mine today.
Ditto.  My NPC recommended a flu shot also.  
For those of you on treatment: do not have a flu shot until you check with your medical provider. I was on the Prove 3 telaprevir clinical trial late last year and was told by my attending physcian that I could not have the shot until EOT (end of treatment). They did not want to take the chance of contaminating the trial results.
flu shot was recommended by my gastro but I agree with VXman - always check.  Besides it should got into your chart.