2nd Outbreak?
How fast can a 2nd Outbreak come on?   I had initial Outbreak April 12  which was essentially resolved by May 6.

Having reddened areas but no prodome symptoms no tingle.....  wondering if another outbreak can hit that fast - or just elongated first outbreak...

Any suggestions on what to use topically on suspect areas (on shaft)

Still  have a lingering Jock Itch type rash as well  but it isn't really troublesome, just red  -  arghhh..
It can come right after your inital outbreak.  How was your outbreak diagnoised as HSV?
about 1/2 of people newly infected with hsv2 have a recurrence within 2 months .  It's not too unusual to have another one already.  

do you have antivirals to start? they work best when started at the very first sign of a recurrence. If this doesn't itch, hurt or tingle, odds are the redness isn't herpes related though.

topicals don't really do too much.  many folks do like to use tea tree oil - just be sure to dilute it before using it since it can really irritate the skin.  It's relatively cheap if you hunt around for it ( many drug stores carry it now ). Just wet a cotton ball and put a few drops of tea tree oil on and apply it to the areas. It can sting and has a very herbally smell to it but it is comforting for most folks.

grace
thanks!

I am actually HSV 1 -  conf & typed by swab.

I think it was a false alarm - It was really red an angry, but i had tried some regular aveeno moisturizer the night before - thinking it would help the final healing stages....

reverted to tea tree oil and a little purell with aloe yesterday, and it is like it did not happen....

Tea tree oil feels great on the jock Itch too...   but we suspect a form of psoriasis now as it has lingered so long....