Herpes Community
Afraid and confused.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Afraid and confused.

Hi everyone. This weekend (saturday) I hooked up with a friend of a friend and went down on her. It is now 3 days later and I have a tingly sensation to my lips. I've read that the tingly sensation is a symptom of a cold sore coming, which i never got before (when I was younger though I used to get fever sores). Now I'm freaking out that I've caught herpes from this girl that I hooked up with. I've read that when you are first infected with herpes you have other symptoms like blisters and swollen glans (glands) and etc, but it didn't list tingly lips, just that tingly lips is more for a cold sore coming, not the primary infection.

Also some sites list tingly lips as pins and needles, like when your arm falls asleep, and that isn't the sensation that I'm feeling. What I'm feeling is more of a fuzzy kind of tingle if you get what I mean?  I am very concerned that I now have herpes. This is the first time I've moved so fast with a girl and I guess this is the reason why.
If you have had fever sores as a child, then there is a reasonable chance that you have oral HSV1. 60% of the population do.

You cannot be reinfected orally, hence what you are experiencing may nit be herpes at all or perhaps related to an existing infection.

It would be unusual to be infected from giving oral sex full stop. Also unusual not to display typical symptoms in an adult on first exposure to HSV.
So it's six days later and I don't have a cold sore, which I think is a good sign? Today when I was walking I felt a little raw patch to my lips, like I tore off a piece of skin. I've been putting on chap stick since I started feeling this tingling sensation and been rubbing my lips together, so I may have just rubbed my lips raw, but what do you guys think? I still sometimes feel this tingly feeling (mostly when I think about it honestly), but like I said its not a pins and needles feeling, more of just a tickle or vibration. Also don't cold sores appear 1-2 days after you start to feel a tingling sensation. It has been 9 days since I hooked up with the girl. Also, I remember my lips felt weird a few hours before I hooked up with the girl, but thought it was just because I had a cigar in my mouth (unlit, it was just a prop for my halloween costume), but it is the same weird feeling i had.

I really want to say its just me over thinking combined with chapped lips, but I'm a worrier. Thank you for any replies and advice