Herpes Community
BV and Herpes
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

BV and Herpes

I would like to know if I can get BV because of a herpes outbreak? Im sure the smell isn't herpes, but BV as ive had it before, herpes doesn't have an odor. Is it safe to take metronidazole and aciclovir at the same time?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi, i anwered in the std forum and noticed that you posted here so lets stick to this post and not the one in the std forum as it belongs here anyway,
BV is a bacterial overgrowth from an imbalance in your vaginal PH, Herpes is a virus and one has nothing to do with eachother.

Metron is an antibiotic and aciclovir is a herpes surpressant medication. The antibiotic does not affect the herpes virus but to be sure best to ask your doctor of pharmacy staff.
Blank
Hi I just noticed this post now, sorry. It's just very confusing. It's very coincidental to have them at the same time. Unless its something else all together? It's not a fishy smell but id say its worse. It's really getting me down, I can't even leave my house, I'm washing like 5 times a day. Is it possible at all to get BV because the virus affects ur immune system?
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Like i said bv and yeast are an imbalance in your PH. Many women use monostate for yeast infections but if its out of control, maybe see your GYNO for help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...