Herpes Community
Blister near anus

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Blister near anus

I have recently had a blister around my anus that I thought was hemorrhoids.  When the blister burst, yellow puss was released along with blood.  It was about the size of a dime and was very painful.  It has healed somewhat, but is still tender and painful at times.  Is it possible that this can be herpes?  I haven't had sexual contact with anyone in a year and have gone in recently for a HSV 1 blood test, which came out negative.  Is it possible that this can be herpes?
Avatar n tn
Sorry, I had and HSV 2 blood test that came out negative....
this could be many things. did you have your provider look at it?

If you had a negative hsv2 blood test that long after you last had sex, it's not likely to be hsv2 genitally.

grace