Herpes Community
Buttocks Herpes
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Buttocks Herpes

I have recently had an outbreak on my buttocks area. The sore is still there but is scabbing over a little bit. Is the sore still contagious to other people if they just touch with their hands... I have read that once it starts scabbing over I am ok but reading things on the internet contradicts it's self so much I need to know the real answer to how contagious and how can herpes be contracted. I know sexually it can be contracted and when you touch it on an outbreak I also know if can be passed even when you are not on an outbreak through viral shedding.. but can touching a sore with your hand towards the end of an outbreak cause the other individual to contract it?
Tags: Cold Sore
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The hand isn't really that easily transmitted to. There is a possibility of the fingers near the top to get it but the rest of the hand, nah! Skin is to thick.  Scabbing definitely has less chance of transmitting since the virus lost the battle and is retreating.
Blank
494623_tn?1278282952
Skin to skin contact with active sores is generally the way Herpes is transmitted.although it can also be transmitted during the prodrome stage which precedes an outbreak,also viral shedding can happen at various times which are pretty much unknown when no visible outbreak is present,however if your outbreaks are contained to your buttocks and not on your Genitals I believe when the HSV virus is outwith it's prefered site it loses a fair amount of it's punch,which is not to be confusd with the fact that it is still infectious.
If the outbreaks are small it might be an idea to cover the affected area with a Mepore dressing to avoid any skin to skin contact by anyone else during an outbreak.

Daisy
Blank
huh?
Blank
Any idea how you got herpes on your buttocks?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank