Herpes Community
Confused about status
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Confused about status

About 5 years ago i tested positive for hsv1 and hsv2 by culture. Recently i retested by blood test positive for hsv1 but NEGATIVE for hsv2. Test was IgG done by labcorp. I never had symptoms beyond the initial. My understanding is I should have antibodies regardless of outbreak. If no antibodies how can I be positive for hsv2? How should i proceed to determine my actual status? Value was <0.91.
Tags: status
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It would be highly unusual to get a positive culture for HSV1 and HSV2. I would say almost impossible.

IT would be best to double check your culture results. Ask for a copy of the results and then post them here. Other than that, it would take another swab from symptoms - and apparently you are not having them anymore.

The negative blood work for hsv2 strongly suggests that indeed you don't have HSV2. But again, be sure to double check the culture results. The IgG blood work is not perfect, so a few people with positive culture end up with negative blood results.
Blank
Dear sir after my blood test results we saw hsv 1 anticor pozitive but the ag for hsv vas neg and  hsv 2 was neg ag and ab they told me that i had it before imean that i have had the hsv1 before but i just have once in my life with a problem arround my lip and a smaal white symptome in my mouth when i was under deep stress .now they telling me if antigen is neg wont be a symptom what does it mean pls help me
Blank
I will investigate the culture results. Would you please expand on what you said about "It would be highly unusual to get a positive culture for HSV1 and HSV2"? Are you saying cultures don't normally indicate BOTH 1 and 2? Thank you!
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
please do not hijack other posters posts. our read before posting post is located under the "important announcements " tab on the forum and contains the guidelines for posting on the forum. thank you for your future cooperation.

grace
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
correct - you won't get both in one lesion.  In general , only a small percentage of folks have both genitally in general and when they do, recurrences occur separately.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank